Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Postby Mabinogion » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:38 pm

On the contrary, this is already an EXTREMELY informative thread, mainly due to other posters than myself.

Anyone reading this will know exactly the kind of place they are getting into. ;)

Naturally, there are actually plenty of friendly and helpful people here, but this tends to be the way the cookie crumbles on internet gaming communities. I'm not invested enough to be upset by any of this, just a little bemused at the level of 'passion' of some responses here.

I suppose the next step would be to profusely apologize for being a dumb noob with busy RL schedule, who dared to share some thoughts on my experience here after being rightfully murdered for other's amusement and scull count. :lol:
Mabinogion

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Mabinogion wrote:On the contrary, this is already an EXTREMELY informative thread, mainly due to other posters than myself.

Anyone reading this will know exactly the kind of place they are getting into. ;)

Naturally, there are actually plenty of friendly and helpful people here, but this tends to be the way the cookie crumbles on internet gaming communities. I'm not invested enough to be upset by any of this, just a little bemused at the level of 'passion' of some responses here.

I suppose the next step would be to profusely apologize for being a dumb noob with busy RL schedule, who dared to share some thoughts on my experience here after being rightfully murdered for other's amusement and scull count. :lol:

Every time
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby mulamishne » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:49 pm

Local man builds house with no walls, is BAFFLED criminals find him an easy target and demands increased restrictions on firearms
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby strpk0 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Mabinogion wrote:I suppose the next step would be to profusely apologize for being a dumb noob with busy RL schedule, who dared to share some thoughts on my experience here after being rightfully murdered for other's amusement and scull count. :lol:

You could start by, instead of suggesting that the entire game needs to change to fit your own bizarre playstyle, atleast admit that you made a dumb mistake, learn from it and move on.
These forums are too flooded by half-assed ideas (like yours), posted by uninspired people that clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby iamahh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:10 am

hermits just do Palisade and lock with wood, keep master key inside walls, with an alt character, only go out with slave key copy

don't settle near villages, swamps, water, localized resources, don't fight ants or animals right away, don't swim, and the unspoken rule: don't interact with players, as you notice in this thread
iamahh

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 am

the unspoken rule: don't interact with players

Good tip, Snail doesn't hold themself above some good ol' social engineering.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:33 am

"Don't interact with others" seems like horrible advice to me. If he had spoken with a single passerby they probably would've told him his wall situation was retarded, and he therefore would've not died for free. Significantly improving without player-interact in general seems impossible. It's putting off the inevitable, instead of trying to change the potential outcome. Nematode behavior
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:18 am

Paraphrased: use extreme caution when interacting with other people in-game.

Unlike in Legacy, talking to someone over the (properly built) walls is safe (they can memorize you if close enough range, but that doesn't let them see when you are online like when making kin.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby cherryquartz » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:42 pm

You guys were warned like 2 weeks ago about building gates, my friend actually warned you he would come back and decimate your village if you didn't build gates, looks like someone else got there first.
cherryquartz

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot