Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Postby abt79 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:14 pm

He built a gate but didn’t finish it. It also looks like he started with a bwall instead of a pali. Then he proposed sweeping changes to the game’s systems. Funniest shit I ever seen.

Maybe push for some changes to your brain instead? This community can be toxic sure but this is the definition of a “you problem”. No amount of cope-heavy “point” making is gonna change how foolish you look.
abt79

Postby Mabinogion » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Most of the replies here are saving me the effort of repeatedly proving my point. One may think that such passion could be better spent channeled elsewhere.

With active (and walled) settlements going down one after another in the immediate neighbourhood, Snail's constant boasting of kills in local chat and the sheer fear and eagerness of any non-high-level to get away from you upon encounter, the writing was probably on the wall for a while. We probably made it this far by ironically not logging in that frequently. Amazingly, RL commitments somehow managed to trump focusing all time and effort on building a wall in a computer game (which, at the end of the day, would have only delayed the inevitable, considering how close Snail & Co's base was, as I discovered).

The basic point here seems to be 'If you don't have X time to invest in the game ('git gud'), don't bother playing it.', which is fair enough and could have been made without the personal attacks and toxicity. I realise not everyone here is like this, but mainly such have the confidence to be vocal.

What I liked about the game is ability to put it down and pick it up in a casual fashion. Certain aspects are well designed for it, but clearly this is a wrong /'stupid' way to play it, especially if you want to escape stress, not add to it. I am well aware that behind every avatar there is a human being with their life and problems and this is an escape and an outlet, sometimes taking forms they would never allow themselves IRL to a complete stranger.

I provided my feedback without any specific expectations or demands, on a 'take-it-or-leave-it' basis. Yeah, I wasn't happy to get ganked. No, it wasn't exactly unexpected. Yes, selfishly, I would like a version of the game where I can just explore and craft in peace without constant fear of bot-propelled godmode character squishing me. I suspect many others might as well, but the game is what it is. No, probably not the game that is suitable for my current needs and availability. As it stands, I should probably be thanking Snail & Co for cutting me loose and moving on to other things to enjoy.

To all the replies of self-righteous anger and indignation: guys, life is far too short to go out of your way to be this 'friendly' to someone over something so trivial. Or over anything, in fact. I say it as someone who works in a profession where death is not an uncommon occurrence. Peace out.
Mabinogion

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:10 pm

"There was nothing I could've done to escape", said the 7 ton elephant. "It was simply out of my control."

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby telum12 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:43 pm

Mabinogion wrote:Most of the replies here are saving me the effort of repeatedly proving my point. One may think that such passion could be better spent channeled elsewhere.

With active (and walled) settlements going down one after another in the immediate neighbourhood, Snail's constant boasting of kills in local chat and the sheer fear and eagerness of any non-high-level to get away from you upon encounter, the writing was probably on the wall for a while. We probably made it this far by ironically not logging in that frequently. Amazingly, RL commitments somehow managed to trump focusing all time and effort on building a wall in a computer game (which, at the end of the day, would have only delayed the inevitable, considering how close Snail & Co's base was, as I discovered).

The basic point here seems to be 'If you don't have X time to invest in the game ('git gud'), don't bother playing it.', which is fair enough and could have been made without the personal attacks and toxicity. I realise not everyone here is like this, but mainly such have the confidence to be vocal.

What I liked about the game is ability to put it down and pick it up in a casual fashion. Certain aspects are well designed for it, but clearly this is a wrong /'stupid' way to play it, especially if you want to escape stress, not add to it. I am well aware that behind every avatar there is a human being with their life and problems and this is an escape and an outlet, sometimes taking forms they would never allow themselves IRL to a complete stranger.

I provided my feedback without any specific expectations or demands, on a 'take-it-or-leave-it' basis. Yeah, I wasn't happy to get ganked. No, it wasn't exactly unexpected. Yes, selfishly, I would like a version of the game where I can just explore and craft in peace without constant fear of bot-propelled godmode character squishing me. I suspect many others might as well, but the game is what it is. No, probably not the game that is suitable for my current needs and availability. As it stands, I should probably be thanking Snail & Co for cutting me loose and moving on to other things to enjoy.

To all the replies of self-righteous anger and indignation: guys, life is far too short to go out of your way to be this 'friendly' to someone over something so trivial. Or over anything, in fact. I say it as someone who works in a profession where death is not an uncommon occurrence. Peace out.

Or, hear me out: You could just build a proper wall & claim, which does not take that much time. You're completely missing the point here if you think it's "spend more time playing." It's obvious from the picture snail posted that you'd have had enough time to build a pali, since you've a partially build bwall which almost nobody in the game bothers with because it's so much more time...

You're just trying to mask your mistake and the criticism resulting form that mistake in a "hahah ur just autistic who spends so much time but im a normal person joke on u for caring"
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Last edited by vatas on Mon May 16, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby voiddancer » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:37 am

haha, a bunch of morons trying to convince a rape victim that her skirt was too short. Dude made a mistake, a real mistake by not building a fence, but the fence didn't save me. I blew a siege machine in an empty corner of the cave where there was nothing to go for. This game should have a warning that it's not a farmer's simulator, it's a place where the snail plays "I'm the authority here", then people won't waste their time on this shit and on you morons.
voiddancer

Postby Ganjastyle » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:47 am

Not having a palisade in hnh is not a short skirt. Its like goin into nggo hood at night yelling "oh no! I am alone and i dont wear panties! Hope i wont get raped!".

To OP: you know that movie, Taken? Where the guy is put in unfavorable situation and says "i dont know who you are. I dont know what you want. If its money, i dont have any. But what i do have is a particular set of skills..." and then he fucks over a bunch of autistic beardsmen. See the point? Its always about "particular set of skills". In games, IRL, everywhere. And in video games learning to obtain this set of skills is part of fun. U go to forums, ask around, talk to people, get new friends in discord, try this and that, launch ur first script that ppl shared with u etc, all in recreational and totally nonhardcore manner, as a part of playing ONLINE MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game.

Regarding the argument "walls wont prevent u from being screwed by SnogginSnail", they wont. But there is a skill in the "particular set of skills" that allows you to exponentially increase the efforts needed to raid you with no investment of expensive resources. And chances are you will be left alone, since even SnogginSnails autistic capabilities are limited to the fact that hes a mammal and has to feed, dump and sleep. And if not - well let him have fun spending 3-4 days to get to that q50 carrot, while moving ur stuff off to your friends, causing raider ass to explode (see Gabriola Island topic here on forum).

And gosh, dude, stop mentioning that you got IRL stuff to do, work etc. etc. in every post you make. We got it and truth be told, noone here, including devs, gives a fuck. We are here to play, suffer, rage and autistically gather ladybugs. Dont bring ur IRL shit up, everyone here has the one to deal with himself.
Ganjastyle

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:25 am

Lmao get fucked
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby telum12 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:50 pm

voiddancer wrote:haha, a bunch of morons trying to convince a rape victim that her skirt was too short. Dude made a mistake, a real mistake by not building a fence, but the fence didn't save me. I blew a siege machine in an empty corner of the cave where there was nothing to go for. This game should have a warning that it's not a farmer's simulator, it's a place where the snail plays "I'm the authority here", then people won't waste their time on this shit and on you morons.

You're comparing getting killed in an open-world pvp game to getting raped? The fuck is wrong with you
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby cherryquartz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:29 pm

voiddancer wrote:haha, a bunch of morons trying to convince a rape victim that her skirt was too short. Dude made a mistake, a real mistake by not building a fence, but the fence didn't save me. I blew a siege machine in an empty corner of the cave where there was nothing to go for. This game should have a warning that it's not a farmer's simulator, it's a place where the snail plays "I'm the authority here", then people won't waste their time on this shit and on you morons.

How much more could they say? It's a 'permadeath' game, that's pretty far from a farming simulator.
Comparing losing your lame little cave base to being raped is a tiny bit of a stretch don't you think?

To the OP, as i said before, you were given great advice about your gates and building a pali first before a brick wall. You made steel locks and a steel mine support *before* gates, so you had the time and the resources to build the gates, you just didn't. The fault is entirely with you. You were killed using mechanics fully intended to be used in game, you were given opportunities to protect yourself, you just chose not to.
cherryquartz

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot