Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Postby Southpaw » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 pm

the sad part about this base is that i legit visited and told the dude "hey make a fucking palisade, it took me two seconds to break in to your mine pali and it was still more secure than your entire base" and also "your steel lock on your great hall picked as quickly as the lock on your timber house" but it seems both of these things were ignored
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby WowGain » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Southpaw wrote:the sad part about this base is that i legit visited and told the dude "hey make a fucking palisade, it took me two seconds to break in to your mine pali and it was still more secure than your entire base" and also "your steel lock on your great hall picked as quickly as the lock on your timber house" but it seems both of these things were ignored

you think these people can learn?
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby cherryquartz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:13 pm

WowGain wrote:
Southpaw wrote:the sad part about this base is that i legit visited and told the dude "hey make a fucking palisade, it took me two seconds to break in to your mine pali and it was still more secure than your entire base" and also "your steel lock on your great hall picked as quickly as the lock on your timber house" but it seems both of these things were ignored

you think these people can learn?

The guy we spoke to seemed pretty decent and seemed like he was actually listening to the advice. You can lead a horse to water etc....
cherryquartz

Postby abt79 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:41 am

voiddancer wrote:haha, a bunch of morons trying to convince a rape victim that her skirt was too short. Dude made a mistake, a real mistake by not building a fence, but the fence didn't save me. I blew a siege machine in an empty corner of the cave where there was nothing to go for. This game should have a warning that it's not a farmer's simulator, it's a place where the snail plays "I'm the authority here", then people won't waste their time on this shit and on you morons.

he isn't some helpless victim, he had steel but no pali lmao
abt79

Postby WowGain » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:57 am

abt79 wrote:
voiddancer wrote:haha, a bunch of morons trying to convince a rape victim that her skirt was too short. Dude made a mistake, a real mistake by not building a fence, but the fence didn't save me. I blew a siege machine in an empty corner of the cave where there was nothing to go for. This game should have a warning that it's not a farmer's simulator, it's a place where the snail plays "I'm the authority here", then people won't waste their time on this shit and on you morons.

he isn't some helpless victim, he had steel but no pali lmao

how is that even possible honestly
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby meus » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 am

tegoplplpl wrote:
Mabinogion wrote:Are you saying that gates with steel locks on would have stopped you?

Yes, lock on palisade/brickwall (even wooden lock)is unlockpickable and when you put lock on houses/other stuff its based off your stats.Please don't make suggestions how game should be when you have no idea how it already works

This.
You shouldn't expect safety unless you defend your area.
The first thing to do as a hermit is stake a claim -> build palisade -> install locks.

Later you can expand to a village and/or brickwall.
meus

Postby Kaios » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:27 am

Kaios

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:38 am

Kaios wrote:Image

Nice. Soon Salem levels of activity.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby shadelight » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:51 am

Well, I'm new to the game (played around 9h) and I find this thread most interesting, because I read the about page here (http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/about) and since I like exploration, building, open world game, I started playing.
But now, I realize that this is not a game for me because I play peaceful games, I don't even want to kill animals (in games and IRL).
I just read the about page of the wiki which seems to reflect more what the game really is. So yeah... my few hours were fun, but Im leaving.
shadelight

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:57 am

Imagine being such a beta u cant kill a fictional line of code.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot