A public challenge

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

A public challenge

Postby pawnchito » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:05 am

Hello. I have noticed a lot of threads that complain about the dire situation siege is in and how the aggressor has an unsurmountable advantage over the defender etc... I think for the most part it is balanced but would love to be proven wrong so I can come shitpost some more .

So I'll put my money where my mouth is and ask those that are most vocal to come here and discuss your well thought arguments. I'll throw out a challenge to Shubla and the like and I'll tell you where I'm located so you can come raid me. That could be the best way to find out if there are holes in the siege system.

I'm currently playing casually (although it is my main hobby) I'm not on 24 hours a day and don't think you'd have to be for normal base defense.

Snail and crew are probably already looking to raid me and I'll post about that when it happens but I think there are more learning opportunities from a non professional force attacking first.
Last edited by pawnchito on Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pawnchito

Re: A public challenge

Postby MadNomad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:06 pm

pawnchito wrote:I'll tell you where I'm located so you can come raid me.

so why didn't you post coords here?

is this a contest just for some chosen ones? (who might be too lazy or have their own things to do)

if anyone except chosen ones breaks walls then it does not count?

if it is a private contest you should change the topic name to "a private challenge" instead of clickbaiting like this
MadNomad

Postby algam » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:42 pm

MadNomad wrote:so why didn't you post coords here?

I think the answer is hidden in his post in the black area. You can see it by selecting
algam

Postby MadNomad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:44 pm

algam wrote:

I think the answer is hidden in his post in the black area. You can see it by selecting

it does not tell his coords and coords is the answer I was talking about, the thing you mentioned is not this answer

it also does not answer whether it is a contest for everyone or just for some particular people
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:54 pm

MadNomad wrote:
algam wrote:

it does not tell his coords and coords is the answer I was talking about, the thing you mentioned is not this answer

it also does not answer whether it is a contest for everyone or just for some particular people

you asked "why didn't you post coords" not "what are your coords"

omg the absolute state of the moot

reset the world jorb
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MadNomad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:55 pm

Nightdawg wrote:you asked "why didn't you post coords" not "what are your coords"

I think both questions are good to be asked, thanks for pointing out ;)

it would be nice to know both why the coords were not posted and what the actual coords are indeed
MadNomad

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:57 pm

MadNomad wrote:

Third party interference seems kinda bad for this type of challenge. Seems so self-evident you'd need to be a retard to not realize.
Are you going to siege him? Why are you grandstanding?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby MadNomad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:08 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Third party interference seems kinda bad for this type of challenge.

why?

let him change the topic name to "a private challenge" then, or maybe some other according name

"I will make a public challange, but I will not publicly announce the information required to join it and only allow Shubla and the like to join it" sounds a little bit funny :) but ok, whatever

isn't that misleading?

SnuggleSnail wrote:Why are you grandstanding?

mostly seeking some answers for the sake of basic logic ¦]
also for the sake of knowing them out of curiosity

so far, my questions to this topic remain unanswered, and I don't know what the topic is for in the first place if it doesn't bring what it announces
MadNomad

Postby pawnchito » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Nice I thought this thread just died without anyone accepting. Reason I didnt post coordinates is because 15 people sieging me at once would not have any value in terms of proving or disproving "siege bad" just hey overwhelming force wins.

I sent you the Coordinates dont be a chump and come kill me?
pawnchito

Postby MadNomad » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:44 pm

pawnchito wrote:Nice I thought this thread just died without anyone accepting. Reason I didnt post coordinates is because 15 people sieging me at once would not have any value in terms of proving or disproving "siege bad" just hey overwhelming force wins.

so you admit that you could not do anything about being sieged in this case but only watch yourself lose?
MadNomad

Next

Return to The Moot