Farming - let's be honest

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Farming - let's be honest

Postby Clemins » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:35 pm

Hello everyone,

Some of you may know me from Haven, discord, or if you are VDZ - the forums. I've been around for a long LONG time, since 2013 in fact. I've been reading the forums since about that time, and I've come to a conclusion that I think everyone will agree with because how I feel represents how you should:

Remove Farming
To keep players playing. Give them fun, challenge etc.

Farming is broken working, and isn't working as expected. This will never be fun for anyone. Just remove it.

Solution:
Neolithic humans got by just fine on a diet make primarily from meat and foraged berries, in fact, if it wasn't for this wonderful diet, we wouldn't be where we are today. You see, eating a diet mainly comprised of meat promotes muscle growth and overall adds to your alpha status. While I know the Neolithic humans were responsible for the creation of farming, it coincides with the creation of depression and agony. Let's take a page from our late ancestors and remove farming as a feature in haven since it lacks relevance in the late game when the only people left playing have 1000s in their stats. Below I will provide some more fact based evidence to further my point.

I mean, come on, when was the last time you saw a bear farming?
^^^^^Just LOOK at those thick sinewy muscles^^^^^
You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like. He used 1 simple trick that 9/10 hermits don't want you to know. Not a single cultivated crop and he's built like the animal kingdom version of Thanos

Here is a quote from the Hunter-Gatherer wikipedia page:
Wikipedia wrote:Hunting and gathering was humanity's original and most enduring successful competitive adaptation in the natural world, occupying at least 90 percent of human history.

"But...but, how will I get the essential vitamins and minerals in my diet without my carrots?"

EZ

Even the most barrel chested individuals need SOME variety, I hear you. That's why we leave foraging in the game as a necessary evil, but lock even the most basic foragables behind 20,000 = PER*EXP since by that point you will understand the importance of an all meat diet and you use these nasty PLANTS as supplement to your escalating growth. Take a look at the following infographic provided by an anonymous anti-farming subscriber:

As you can see, these sentiments are shared amongst everyone in the community since 1 person agrees with me :roll:

Speaking of our community, here is some 100% real, fact based, ethically sourced data from our research
As you can see, most of the active population in the game doesn't know any better, thus our current state of affairs. But fret not, I know what is best for all of you since the voices in my head told me so! (Plus the following overwhelming evidence below)

Now that you are officially convinced, please take a second to answer this strawpull to further my delusion point: http://poll-maker.com/QESCSN8DD
Thoughts???????????????????????????????????????
Clemins

Re: Farming - let's be honest

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:38 pm

+1 I can't stand farming, delete it all
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:39 pm

I'm not gonna read this cause I'm lazy and I expect the devs to do absolutely nothing about farming, BUT I just wanna say that farming is ultra shit, and the people who enjoy doing it (properly I mean, not the ones that have some shitty q20 pumpkins after 14 months) are the real chads.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby mulamishne » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:58 pm

Mods please move this to c+I, also +1, raising crops is literally the same as slavery.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:18 pm

mulamishne wrote:Mods please move this to c+I, also +1, raising crops is literally the same as slavery.

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:25 pm

+1, farming is all about botting, there is nothing fun in farming, we need some mechanic changes
additional +1 for a nice graphs
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby dageir » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:08 pm

In case you have not noticed this is a primitive farming simulator.
dageir

Postby DonVelD » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:36 pm

dageir wrote:In case you have not noticed this is a primitive farming simulator.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby bumfrog » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:54 pm

+1 many people are saying this

#farmingsucks
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby dageir » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 pm

bumfrog wrote:+1 many people are saying this

#farmingsucks

The pie chart above seems to suggest most are not chads like you guys.
dageir

Next

Return to The Moot