Was there any good economy based villages in world 13?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Was there any good economy based villages in world 13?

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:13 pm

I dont mean markets, but villages that used a coin system for resources between members.
I'm planning to give it a try, once I have gotten established enough in world 14.
Now I am looking for some reference to what other people might have tried and their insight and experience with such a system.
If you have played in such a village, tell me about it, what did you like and dislike, what could have been better?
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Re: Was there any good economy based villages in world 13?

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:27 pm

no
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Flameturtle » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:37 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:no

Not to be rude or anything but what do you expect to gain from a system like this?

Let's say you find a group of people willing to agree to this, what then? You are literally then putting all these people in competition with each other instead of working towards a common goal. People with the most amount of time on their hands will be able to severely outproduce the others and even if you're selling foragables to each other etc then the majority of a few map squares can easily be held down by one or two people.

Not to mention to even get a hold of a coinpress takes steel. Which honestly isn't a pleasant thing to rush towards.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby maze » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:40 pm

My village normally uses economy when we can, but the big problem is the amount of effort to get to that point is really annoying.

I wish Jorb and Loftar took my idea to add earlier world currency's; of wood + Metal stamper + tar = wooden coins. This would allow for towns to setup a coin system within there town sooner in the world.
As well as adding a more basic version of a stall that could be made day 1.

Trade is a big community part of the game, it would be nice to start that feeling day 1.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby redscarfdemon » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:32 pm

maze wrote:I wish Jorb and Loftar took my idea to add earlier world currency's; of wood + Metal stamper + tar = wooden coins. This would allow for towns to setup a coin system within there town sooner in the world.
As well as adding a more basic version of a stall that could be made day 1.

Trade is a big community part of the game, it would be nice to start that feeling day 1.

The idea of wood coins and simple shops is neat for early commerce!
redscarfdemon

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:42 am

Flameturtle wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:no

Not to be rude or anything but what do you expect to gain from a system like this?

Let's say you find a group of people willing to agree to this, what then? You are literally then putting all these people in competition with each other instead of working towards a common goal. People with the most amount of time on their hands will be able to severely outproduce the others and even if you're selling foragables to each other etc then the majority of a few map squares can easily be held down by one or two people.

Not to mention to even get a hold of a coinpress takes steel. Which honestly isn't a pleasant thing to rush towards.

I expect nothing, sins everything can be lost quite quickly in this game.
But what I am hoping to achieve is a deeper knowledge of a working economy in haven.
Some people play for the PvP aspects and just kick ass, others play for achieving the highest quality equipment, some like to farm or explore, others are in to politics.
I see an economy as something that can puts everything together and create a balanced system that just flows better, I want to create a system with the best balance.
If there is a problem in the system, then I am supposed to solve it, for some it sounds boring and tiresome, but for me this would be the highest point of the game.
That would be my goal with what I envision with an economic system.

Lets start with asking, what is the common goal? That would be that everyone can play the game as they want.
Crafters, farmers, foragers, hunters want a safe place from raiders and revenge if they are attacked while they do what they want in their profession/exploring,
PvPers wants places to raid and defend and rewarded for doing so. For me it would work with an economic system.
An economic systems goal is to grow, be bigger, better and expand its influence.

Can you tell me what kind of competition there would be as an example?

Steel for the coinpress is just one tiny step towards this system, it is not really needed until the system is set up.
I will be trading silk for the materials I need to build it by myself.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Return to The Moot