Finansk Market (West): Soft Open and Looking for vendors

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Finansk Market (West): Soft Open and Looking for vendors

Postby Foarl » Thu May 06, 2021 4:06 pm

How to get to Finansk:

Casual player who can't make big journey? Connect the thingwalls (~20 minutes per thingwall) one at a time and then teleport home between connections.

Looking for vendors! Contact Boar#9970 on discord

Finansk is meant to make trading between smaller players easier. But that means we aren't just a shop, and we need more people to fill out the market and give it life. Contact Boar#8870 on discord if you're interested. Vendors will need to bring their own cloth for market stands. We currently have room for 10 vendors.

Huge thanks to the Moon Ribbon village for being our first vendor!

Products and Currency:

How to get Silver Tidings:
Sub tokens and silver bars, caveclay/soap clay

Products being sold for Silver Tidings:
Q90+ metal products (tools, weapons, gildings), q80 tree planter pots, Q40 bough tree seeds, up to Q160 stone axes. Cachelot necklaces (+learning ability), whalebone clasps. Prices and qualities may vary depending on stock.

How to get Lead Tidings: Silver Tidings, Forageables, Uncommon meats
A very unprofessional example of items currently being bought for lead:

Products being sold for Lead Tidings:
Spectacles, rainbow shell amulet, bear tooth necklace, Q30 blocks, Q60 wood, Q50 plant fibers. Moon ribbon's specialty as well, Beaver hats! Looking to add basic double gilded linen sets, but that might have to wait until next year's flax crop. Alchemy potions for certain wounds as well.
Last edited by Foarl on Fri May 07, 2021 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foarl

Re: Finansk Market (West): Soft Open and Looking for vendors

Postby Valnar » Fri May 07, 2021 1:00 am

Is that journey between the continents on the ocean makeable with just a dugout would someone need a better boat?
Valnar

Postby TheTylerLee » Fri May 07, 2021 2:32 am

EDIT ; checked the place out, looks legit

Can you explain to me why i should setup shop in Finansk Market? (in detail)
Last edited by TheTylerLee on Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: XiliX#2791
TheTylerLee

Postby Foarl » Fri May 07, 2021 3:47 am

Valnar wrote:Is that journey between the continents on the ocean makeable with just a dugout would someone need a better boat?

I have, and several villagers, have done this deep water crossing in a rowboat. It is the only Odeep between the two continents, and was how the earliest "map border to map border" people were crossing as well. I do not vouch for dugouts being able to survive this, although they seem significantly sturdier this world.

Can you explain to me why i should setup shop in Finansk Market? (in detail)

You feel you are close enough to semi-regularly drop by (quite easy with Thingwalls) and are interested in having reasonable access to a physical market selling Q90+ (and improving over time) metal products. Be that either to compete on metal quality and sell your own products, sell alternative products (gilds, foods, potions, really what you think can sell), or try to buy things you'd expect the average non-token trader to have to sell. So far swan, beaver, and snails have been sold to us in useful quantities. Nice to have in bulk, but just annoying for a developed village to collect compared to sharing some quality boost in return for it. The variety of what's being bought/sold is going to go up the more people we have for sure/

We also have two currencies available, one of which is tied to silver and maintains a baseline value. We are intending to upgrade to a gold/silver currency pair over time as those metals become more common in the coming months.
Foarl

Postby TheTylerLee » Fri May 07, 2021 5:54 am

EDIT: Checked the place out, looks legit.

How secure am I traveling there through things all, how secure are my items?
Last edited by TheTylerLee on Sat May 08, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTylerLee

Postby Valnar » Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am

Foarl wrote:
Valnar wrote:Is that journey between the continents on the ocean makeable with just a dugout would someone need a better boat?

I have, and several villagers, have done this deep water crossing in a rowboat. It is the only Odeep between the two continents, and was how the earliest "map border to map border" people were crossing as well. I do not vouch for dugouts being able to survive this, although they seem significantly sturdier this world.

Yeah I tried a dugout on a throwaway char and it seemed like it got through that little portion with about 60% health left.
That being said I'm probably going to use a rowboat cause might as well have one.
Valnar

Postby Fostik » Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 am

Can't even image a better place for a market, path to which passes though roaming zone of top aggressive villages :?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Foarl » Fri May 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Fostik wrote:Can't even image a better place for a market, path to which passes though roaming zone of top aggressive villages :?

Mostly meant for the locals who already live under those conditions. Not expecting this to be the big world market, or a place people from the east end regularly travel to.
Foarl

Postby TheTylerLee » Sat May 08, 2021 4:08 pm

I went to check the place out last night, looks cool, people seem cool, I'll setup shop there sometime this weekend
TheTylerLee

Postby Valnar » Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Nice place!

Checked it out, sold some mushrooms and saving up for a nicer stone ax then I can make.

Hope the market expands!
Valnar

Next

Return to Apples for Oranges