Nobody expects the L3 invasion

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Nobody expects the L3 invasion

Postby WowGain » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:02 am

roskuwacz wrote:Nah I am not mad at all. Yes I have in village a lot of players and yes I could organize some kind of the militia but it is worth it? The militia man (max I can get at given time is about 10 where 4 of them will be on voice) - bet with attributes at 80-100. - Not a chance vs organized faction with PvP experience

you have an 80 man faction and you're not willing to fight at all?
why do you even play this game
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby telum12 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:00 am

Also I killed one of your village members yesterday and was at 80 stats :yoj:
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby KGery » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:12 am

WowGain wrote:you have an 80 man faction and you're not willing to fight at all?
why do you even play this game

This might be surprising for you, but there's other ways to find the game fun than PvP
KGery

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:25 am

10 people forming a blob and clicking full circle whenever anyone runs in to range would make fighting them impossible unless even numbered. just think about that. doesn't take any skill just basic cognitive ability.
this is the same reason some random nut job can go on a stabbing spree in a metro its 1vs60 but somehow they all get fucking stabbed 1 by 1
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MightySheep » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:40 pm

KGery wrote:This might be surprising for you, but there's other ways to find the game fun than PvP

Why is this always the standard go-to response to "why dont you just defend yourself?" ?

No one is talking about how you play the game or what you find fun. When a 90 man village sits behind their walls because 1 player walked in and started stealing everything. Is that fun? Is it fun to let some guy with worse stats and worse equipment than you just walk around knocking your villagers out and stealing shit? Personally I wouldnt find it very fun remaking my gear set every other day and having to patch wounds endlessly but hey thats just me, Im weird like that.

You dont have to like pvp to learn how to defend yourself, you just have to not like losing your shit.
MightySheep

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:48 pm

I play ranked competitive Counter-Strike Global Offensive for the walking and jumping. Some of us don't play it for the shooting part.
When they shoot at me, it is offensive.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby KGery » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:41 pm

MightySheep wrote:
KGery wrote:This might be surprising for you, but there's other ways to find the game fun than PvP

Why is this always the standard go-to response to "why dont you just defend yourself?" ?

No one is talking about how you play the game or what you find fun. When a 90 man village sits behind their walls because 1 player walked in and started stealing everything. Is that fun? Is it fun to let some guy with worse stats and worse equipment than you just walk around knocking your villagers out and stealing shit? Personally I wouldnt find it very fun remaking my gear set every other day and having to patch wounds endlessly but hey thats just me, Im weird like that.

You dont have to like pvp to learn how to defend yourself, you just have to not like losing your shit.

I was answering to the "why do you guys even play" part of their question, a lot of players prefer other aspects of the game than PvP. That in no way implies they do not touch combat at all, or know how to defend themselves. Regarding sitting behind walls, I believe the majority of us have combat capable characters, but probably nowhere near the stats of dedicated PvPers. I doubt we have better stats than those who occasionally attack us, but we definitely didn't lose anything that wasn't immediately replaced yet. So no, it's not fun when we have do stop what we were doing due to the attack, but in those cases the safest option is to move behind and deny any content for the attackers. We do not like losing our shit which is exactly why we are not taking your fights.

It's very entertaining to see how salty you are about it though.
KGery

Postby Valgar » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I play ranked competitive Counter-Strike Global Offensive for the walking and jumping. Some of us don't play it for the shooting part.

False comparison.
If you could use only knives on Counter Strike, people will still play the game, much less fun, but the core gameplay is still the same.

If you turn off the PvP on Haven & Hearth, the game core is still the same, despite people will grief in a PvE style and move more often.
If you turn off the PvE in Haven & Hearth, the game is totally changed.
Valgar

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:03 pm

Valgar wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:I play ranked competitive Counter-Strike Global Offensive for the walking and jumping. Some of us don't play it for the shooting part.

False comparison.
If you could use only knives on Counter Strike, people will still play the game, much less fun, but the core gameplay is still the same.

I would never stab anyone either. I would still play only for the walking and jumping.
And if someone dares to plant the bomb, I will tell them how it offends my religious views.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Valgar » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:19 pm

This is more an ironic view :)
To be honest I'm not a Counter Strike player but I am aware that if the gameplay of planting bomb is against my religion but I like FPS, Ill go play on Call of Duty.
Valgar

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot