No walls run lets go

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

No walls run lets go

Postby jackjoke » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:03 pm

I'ma build the best and biggest the most greatest place you'll ever see without walls.
I need to show my dominance this world, my insane levels of botting with walls has basically made this world a weird one for me.
I don't even play!

So now Ill start my new adventure into making haven and hearth into an RTS all the while of trying to make a village without walls and my bots making a kingdom of greatness.
Lets see where this goes!
jackjoke

Re: No walls run lets go

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:40 pm

Sounds fun
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby rfxDarth » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:52 am

jackjoke wrote:I'ma build the best and biggest the most greatest place you'll ever see without walls.
I need to show my dominance this world, my insane levels of botting with walls has basically made this world a weird one for me.
I don't even play!

So now Ill start my new adventure into making haven and hearth into an RTS all the while of trying to make a village without walls and my bots making a kingdom of greatness.

How are you going to manage livestock? Even if you don't count fences/trellis/etc as walls, developing a pathfinding algorithm for animal pen sounds like a literal nightmare to me.
rfxDarth

Postby Sevenless » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:58 pm

rfxDarth wrote:
jackjoke wrote:I'ma build the best and biggest the most greatest place you'll ever see without walls.
I don't even play!

How are you going to manage livestock? Even if you don't count fences/trellis/etc as walls, developing a pathfinding algorithm for animal pen sounds like a literal nightmare to me.

Difference between people and bots is that bots are patient. So long as you don't let the pen overfill, your bot can take 10 minutes to reach a single cow due to pathing interruptions without really worrying about it. That's still 144 cows milked a day.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jackjoke » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:25 am

rfxDarth wrote:How are you going to manage livestock? Even if you don't count fences/trellis/etc as walls, developing a pathfinding algorithm for animal pen sounds like a literal nightmare to me.

It's kind of silly! I starting my adventure (the walled adventure) a while ago, where I had to log true hit boxs (or pixel perfection as jorb calls it) around everything. Animals were a blast to figure out. Shoo does a great deal, and lining the full pen with doors, LOL.

For a no walls system I think I'll just tie all the animals (for production) to trees, and hide breeding animals inside dens (is that cheating?).

I plan to spread out the the bases and farms randomly so that I wont have to many thefts, stolen goods or animals killed.
I wish to test out if tents might be ideal for hiding animals or other things inside but that might attract fighters, pretty much dens will be the most ideal hiding spots.

As for other small items, I can use banking bots to store pretty much my hole main town in (currently working out the system for this)., some might say this is cheating and still protecting my stuff!

My original purpose to play this game now a days was to recreate starcraft in haven and hearth! but the UI is proving to be difficult for that dream, still doing it, but I need to expand beyond walls to make the dream come true.
jackjoke

Postby The_Blode » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:35 pm

jackjoke wrote:My original purpose to play this game now a days was to recreate starcraft in haven and hearth!

I want to see this, post a screenshot or something to give me an idea of what you're going for
The_Blode

Postby guterpop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:06 pm

I wonder what your screen looks like with that many bots.
guterpop

Postby fishbro001 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:21 am

I think a better use for bots is to make them pave entire continent with random le epic meme xd stuff
fishbro001

Postby Giewonciak » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:48 pm

How is it going ?
Giewonciak

Postby _Scipio » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:46 pm

Giewonciak wrote:How is it going ?

Someone stole all his stuff
mizdirector89 wrote: No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters.

Warriors of Annihilation
_Scipio

Return to The Moot