Murdered For NO reason

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Murdered For NO reason

Postby mizdirector89 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:29 am

I don't know who they were or what they wanted, they kept saying 'you better talk'.
To be honest, I don't even know how they got into my base, but they stole my keys and killed a character I've been working on for months and everyone inside.
(-340,280) USED to be my base. I don't know where they came from or what they wanted. Something about seeds, but they kept attacking until everyone was dead. No explanation, no nothing.
Let this be a warning, nowhere is safe and this game is going down the shitter with hackers who can just phase thru walls at will.
mizdirector89

Re: Murdered For NO reason

Postby _Scipio » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 am

I'm guessing you left your gates open and stole something from them.
mizdirector89 wrote: No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters.

Warriors of Annihilation
_Scipio

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:47 am

Lol haven't seen one of these posts in a minute

mizdirector89 wrote:this game is going down the shitter with hackers who can just phase thru walls at will.

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby havennhearth1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:50 am

havennhearth1

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:16 am

I recommend you read the second link in my signature in it's entirety, but here's the two key notes that might be relevant here.

1. Until you have a wall and claim, you are not safe. Everything in your little trash heap is at risk of being stolen/bashed. This includes you.
FENCES ARE NOT A WALL. STOCKPILES ARE NOT A WALL. NON-WALL THINGS ARE NOT A WALL. They will be bashed, and now your non-wall has a big inviting hole in it. Only a palisade or brickwall work. They need to be covered by your claim.

3. It should be impossible to enter your claim without passing through a “Visitor Gate.” You can design airlocks however you want, but all paths into your village should go through at least one visitor gate.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mizdirector89 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:07 pm

Ya'll seem to think I'm some noob who doesn't know how to play. I had a wall. A full-ass palisade that had been up for...idk, 2 months? And then a whole other one that had been up for about two weeks. I had two walls, yo.
Gates weren't left open bc OCD. I close and open and close them again whenever I pass thru. 3 years on this game has taught me that level of paranoia.
Secondly, I don't steal. I have no NEED to steal. I have no INTEREST in stealing. I don't toggle on criminal acts and bust around people's plots and shit. No, I don't fucking NEED to. I wait until they get tired of playing, their plots fall into disrepair, their animals die and their WALLS fall DOWN. I wait until their claim has FULLY died and I obey the golden rule of foraging: Take a little, and leave a lot. I'll take from a dead claim, yes. I will own that shit. But I only take what can directly benefit me in that moment in that time. And last time I checked, that doesn't leave a scent.

No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters. One that I'd been working on for 3 months, twice a day, every day. I have severe ADHD and, NGL, I was super proud of being able to even focus for long enough to get where I had gotten BASICALLY by myself. The other toon was a character of a person to whom I was INTRODUCING the game to. He was a sprucehat noob. He knew the rules because I gave them to him. I sat him down and explained who, what, when, where, and why of dealing with people in this game. I purposely travelled out to literal bum-fuck nowhere to avoid this shit.

And yet here I am. Either wrongly accused and hanged for it, or simply just murdered and vandalized.
mizdirector89

Postby axus » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 pm

Oh yeah southern continent is a cesspool, I guess off to the sides aren't as dangerous

maybe they came in through the caves
axus

Postby SovietUnion » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:26 pm

There are ppl who dedicate most of their time to collecting corpses. Like hundreds of those. Yours and your friend's is most probably among em. Be proud of that achievement and move on. Or go play a single player game if you can't handle it.
Notable characters: Cpt. Danko, Kng. Danko

LS of MorningWood (as of W7)
North Star market owner (W11)
King of North Star Kingdom & Market (W12)
LS of MorningWood (W13), quit early cause reasons
Open village of North Star (W14)

"Not really. But meh.. who needs proper communication anyways"
SovietUnion

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:37 pm

basic hafen advertisement: go play another game if you dont like the content thats being actively used through 2-3% of the actual worl'd lifespan, i.e., the pvp.
lordgrunt

Postby dagrimreefah » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:28 pm

mizdirector89 wrote:...they kept saying 'you better talk'.

Well you probably should've talked.
(me laughing at you) ^
dagrimreefah

Next

Return to The Moot