Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby DreadKatak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:32 am

Bardadin wrote:I just started playing a few days ago and was having a hard time finding much more than rats and squirrels to eat. Then I found the ruins of an abandoned village in Balders Bra not far from my spawn, repaired the stone tower there, and claimed the land around it. Inside it had just dozens and dozens of cupboards full of meat, fruits and vegetables, and curios. This is too good to be true, I thought. It was. The world ends in less than two weeks and we're all gonna die. :cry:

Eat it all in one sitting, in that case.
DreadKatak

Postby TerraSleet » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:53 pm

TerraSleet

Postby crowe » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:38 am

Can't wait for w13 reset and for w14

World 13 is already feeling old
crowe

Postby shubla » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:41 am

crowe wrote:Can't wait for w13 reset and for w14

The joke is getting old.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Salad » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:34 pm

shubla wrote:
crowe wrote:Can't wait for w13 reset and for w14

The joke is getting old.

Just like w13
Salad

Postby dageir » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:55 pm

World 13 is bad luck. When is world 14?
dageir

Postby kirion » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:13 am

Got mauled by a bat.

W14 when?
kirion

Postby rustles » Tue May 11, 2021 12:26 pm

I stopped checking constantly for world 13 and missed launch
World 14 when? Also email notifications for wipes when?
rustles

Postby Kamekono » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Given how the game works right now, I think worlds should last 6 months each. We've been at it for almost 4 months now, and the majority of people have stopped playing. The area I lived in had a large community, over 150 people, out of which less than 10 are still playing. It's now a wasteland of abandoned villages.
Same goes for other areas I used to visit for trade and such. In another couple of months even less people will be playing, and anyone who knows what they're doing (not even talking about big villages and pros that get everything done in a matter of days) will have achieved any objective they might have had, leaving quality increase for the sake of it being the only thing left to do.

Until the game gets some late game content updates, or slows down progression, there's really no reason to go past the 6 month marker.

I think by September - October the world should reset.
I also believe that knowing reset dates in advance would greatly benefit the game. Returning players could mark their calendars to be online on day 1st, and people would experiment more in the last few weeks knowing they are gonna lose their character anyway in a short while.
Kamekono

Postby Codemanny » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:37 pm

Kamekono wrote:Given how the game works right now, I think worlds should last 6 months each. We've been at it for almost 4 months now, and the majority of people have stopped playing. The area I lived in had a large community, over 150 people, out of which less than 10 are still playing. It's now a wasteland of abandoned villages.
Same goes for other areas I used to visit for trade and such. In another couple of months even less people will be playing, and anyone who knows what they're doing (not even talking about big villages and pros that get everything done in a matter of days) will have achieved any objective they might have had, leaving quality increase for the sake of it being the only thing left to do.

Until the game gets some late game content updates, or slows down progression, there's really no reason to go past the 6 month marker.

I think by September - October the world should reset.
I also believe that knowing reset dates in advance would greatly benefit the game. Returning players could mark their calendars to be online on day 1st, and people would experiment more in the last few weeks knowing they are gonna lose their character anyway in a short while.

I disagree with every point made in this post. Having hard-scheduled world resets would trivialize any efforts beyond the absolute minimum to achieve goals in this game, worse than they already are. I believe I've been witnessing the decline of creativity and extra effort in every new world since the release of W8 when Haven went 3D. It's just pointless to press hard when you know a reset is on the horizon, I believe even worse so if you have it down to an exact date months in advance.

Haven shines its brightest when the community goes that extra mile to build awesome monuments, form and enforce governments or kingdoms (realms but not just for the buffs I guess), and strives for more than just the q# next to their crop or something. I've watched the moot get more and more boring with every world. Less posts, less content in said posts (although I have read that it's because beef is settled on discord more often lately. Not sure).

Bottom line, the shorter worlds are, the less effort players will be willing to put forth into anything beyond the quality mechanics of the game, despite all the tools for government and building amazing things being there the whole time. Having 6-month worlds would be a travesty. Players will be less willing to forge strong relationships with others in the interest of power or political favor, instead keeping hovelled up behind their palisades because what's the use if they'll be wiped soon anyways? And at the end of it all, if the game is only worth doing the absolute minimum due to frequent resets, guess what happens to the players that are just rinse-repeating each world? Gone. Short worlds, and especially scheduled short worlds, would be devastating to this game's longevity.
Codemanny

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.