World 14 Reset Megathread

Various threads archived from other subforums.

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby srt66 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:19 am

IMG_20230902_095629.jpg
IMG_20230902_095629.jpg (74 KiB) Viewed 20974 times
User avatar
srt66
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:53 am

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby srt66 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:38 am

202309051030.png
202309051030.png (110.21 KiB) Viewed 20879 times
User avatar
srt66
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:53 am

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby srt66 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:59 am

Announced on September 14.
User avatar
srt66
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:53 am

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Chacer wrote:New players will not enter worlds that are more than 1 year old where there are players with monstrous stats that kill you just by brushing you. Apart from that, thanks to the shops or bases abandoned by the world, you skip fun parts of the gameplay, since you can get things that from the beginning would cost you weeks.


The world being a year old doesn't make any difference to how difficult it is to kill a sprucecap. 95% of players are too shit to realize that they need to get zigzag ASAP to be able to defend themselves whatsoever (and even if they get it they don't know how to run and use it simultaneously so eh), in the first 24 hours anyone competent can get rage and just quick barrage any hermit to death (Well, at least KO if they can't get to their hf, which is arguably easier, leather not being a thing yet), and that's just assuming a 1v1 (which it never is).

World is actually way more peaceful at this point in time, because 99% of player that are actually capable/willing to do pvp have quit (like 2-3 months into the world lmao), and the remaining (autistic) 1% are so few that you will hardly meet any of them, you can even further decrease that chance by moving to a different continent than them (not the middle one for sure), I'd like to say they wouldn't even bother with a hermit but they absolutely would since they don't have anything better to do as there is nobody else to fight.
And lemme tell you, at the start of the world, most competent players from almost any faction (There are some hermit lovers out there hehe) WILL kill you on sight if they see you settle anywhere near their base, and then they will grief your base/bully you to move, later on this trend dies down due to hermits being free xp batteries for kingdoms.

Btw. stats are the one thing that hermits can actually catch up on as the world goes on since it gets stupidly harder to push stats past like 800s or so, and there is little point to no point in doing that because of how stats actually work (except str but str is just so cancer to get this world), so at best there are few autists/botters that are still pushing them whatsoever.
Last edited by Dawidio123 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingame: Shaki
      Image
      Image
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
User avatar
Dawidio123
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: In your ear

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:14 am

Dawidio123 wrote:so at best there are few autists/botters that are still pushing them whatsoever.

Image
User avatar
dagrimreefah
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 3:01 am

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:57 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:since it gets stupidly harder to push stats past like 800s or so


ImageImageImageImage
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Image
User avatar
Nightdawg
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am
Location: In your pepper farm

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby Biglulu » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Chacer wrote:New players will not enter worlds that are more than 1 year old where there are players with monstrous stats that kill you just by brushing you.


I started about a month ago and I'm having fun. I did get killed by a player once but that was partly my fault for getting too cocky. Overall late start is pretty chill and has let me learn about a lot of mistakes I shouldn't do for next world.
Biglulu
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:28 am

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:33 pm

Biglulu wrote: I did get killed by a player once but that was partly my fault for getting too cocky. Overall late start is pretty chill and has let me learn about a lot of mistakes I shouldn't do for next world.

Actually fuckin based, instead of making a thread about how pvp is bad, he admits and learns from his mistakes. All hermits should aspire to be like you.
Ingame: Shaki
      Image
      Image
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
User avatar
Dawidio123
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: In your ear

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:22 pm

Biglulu wrote:I started about a month ago and I'm having fun. I did get killed by a player once but that was partly my fault for getting too cocky. Overall late start is pretty chill and has let me learn about a lot of mistakes I shouldn't do for next world.


Certified gangster
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Image
User avatar
Nightdawg
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am
Location: In your pepper farm

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby jacob232 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:14 am

Dawidio123 wrote:
Chacer wrote:New players will not enter worlds that are more than 1 year old where there are players with monstrous stats that kill you just by brushing you. Apart from that, thanks to the shops or bases abandoned by the world, you skip fun parts of the gameplay, since you can get things that from the beginning would cost you weeks.


The world being a year old doesn't make any difference to how difficult it is to kill a sprucecap. 95% of players are too shit to realize that they need to get zigzag ASAP to be able to defend themselves whatsoever (and even if they get it they don't know how to run and use it simultaneously so eh), in the first 24 hours anyone competent can get rage and just quick barrage any hermit to death (Well, at least KO if they can't get to their hf, which is arguably easier, leather not being a thing yet), and that's just assuming a 1v1 (which it never is).

World is actually way more peaceful at this point in time, because 99% of player that are actually capable/willing to do pvp have quit (like 2-3 months into the world lmao), and the remaining (autistic) 1% are so few that you will hardly meet any of them, you can even further decrease that chance by moving to a different continent than them (not the middle one for sure), I'd like to say they wouldn't even bother with a hermit but they absolutely would since they don't have anything better to do as there is nobody else to fight.
And lemme tell you, at the start of the world, most competent players from almost any faction (There are some hermit lovers out there hehe) WILL kill you on sight if they see you settle anywhere near their base, and then they will grief your base/bully you to move, later on this trend dies down due to hermits being free xp batteries for kingdoms.

Btw. stats are the one thing that hermits can actually catch up on as the world goes on since it gets stupidly harder to push stats past like 800s or so, and there is little point to no point in doing that because of how stats actually work (except str but str is just so cancer to get this world), so at best there are few autists/botters that are still pushing them whatsoever.


I actually agree with alot of this here, and to be honest one of my favorite things to do is come back and see A.) What happened to my base while i left usually a partial or complete ruin. B.) Explore the abandoned ruins that LITTER the landscape and C.) Base design for world reset.

At this point in the world i guarantee you unlless i go to a market i wont run into anyone except maybe once a week.......I used thingwalls across my entire continent and ran into a single player over a 2 month period.......
so this one time at band camp.............
User avatar
jacob232
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest