Sprucecap killing without Base Tours-> Moral Decay (+Anvil?)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Sprucecap killing without Base Tours-> Moral Decay (+Anvil?)

Postby Gauhörnchen » Wed May 29, 2024 11:04 am

Greetings, fellow gamers.

I recently had an encounter on one of the illustrious Discord servers for this game, where I was offered an anvil. When it comes to trading your life for the chance of getting an anvil, I chose poorly, albeit understandably. My death, however, is not what concerns me. Rather, it’s the moral decay that seems to plague the relationship between our fellow gamers of the Sprucecap variety and those who send their souls to the evergreen Hearthfields.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content
of their character.

- Martin Luther King

Not only was I denied the anvil that was offered to me, but also the chance for a base tour. This is despite the fact that it was impossible to escape from the situation of anvil-deprivation on my own (engaged in combat), and I was already there since our meetup place was inside the charter stone area of this anvil-depriving individual. Now, I know that complaints against the state of morality and other unwanted states of mind are common and not very special. However, it shocks me that the complex and intimate relationship between a Sprucecap and their murderer gets reduced to this sorry state in which you don’t even get to see live the cum jar, giant swastika, or penis of a Japanese cartoon character on which your body is then shamefully displayed.

Before the recent change, you could at least appreciate the effort put into the post-mortem desecration of the body by observing where it gets stored while dwelling on the death screen. But now, if the killer decides not to show their Sprucecap the base, how is the Sprucecap to appreciate the professionalism and effort that went into their demise? I know, a rhetorical question, because this is now an impossibility!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

- Lt. Kilgore (character), Apocalypse Now

I do not wish to name and shame that individual, not only because of the described lack of courtesy but also because it was relayed in the chat where the "kill video" was posted that the kill of my character was of low quality. If this was my fault, I want to apologize and promise I will do better to improve the kill experience of my characters.

On a constructive note, I would like to inquire if any of you would like to show me your base? Also, does anyone have an anvil that they don't need?

If yes, you can reach me here or on the commonly used Haven and Hearth Discord servers and we can make this work. This will probably not be in the near future, however, since I don't want to send my main crafter character, but I also don't want to provide an underdeveloped skull in case of homicide. I would consider sending my main character if someone can offer me a base tour and a kill of supreme quality. Maybe we could even set up a competition for the best base tour and kill video. I would be prepared to sponsor some hats. But I understand showing Strangers your Base can be spooky, so maybe we can do this when the next world gets announced.

Anyway, dear gamers, I hope we can manage to improve the experience for all players, no matter which end of the b12 they might find themselves on.

I end with respect and hope for a better future.

Sincerely, dev worshipingly, attention seekingly, peacesperly and prosperlyly wishingly

Drogenschlecht (THE self-proclaimed Expert in Sprucecap affairs and Hermit Advocacy) (Edit 12:34, I changed this line, it didnt fit this serious topic, sorry for that)
Gauhörnchen

Postby mvgulik » Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Last edited by mvgulik on Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Re: Sprucecap killing without Base Tours-> Moral Decay (+Anv

Postby Lurux » Wed May 29, 2024 2:31 pm

A new stat : Moral
actually opens up perspective
Lurux

Postby avros008 » Wed May 29, 2024 3:17 pm

You can take my entire base mate. Im not gonna waste any more time for this game.
dafels wrote:the midges are not the problem,
you're the problem
avros008

Postby overtyped » Thu May 30, 2024 12:08 am

Gauhörnchen wrote:Greetings, fellow gamers.

I recently had an encounter on one of the illustrious Discord servers for this game, where I was offered an anvil. When it comes to trading your life for the chance of getting an anvil, I chose poorly, albeit understandably. My death, however, is not what concerns me. Rather, it’s the moral decay that seems to plague the relationship between our fellow gamers of the Sprucecap variety and those who send their souls to the evergreen Hearthfields.

of their character.

- Martin Luther King

Not only was I denied the anvil that was offered to me, but also the chance for a base tour. This is despite the fact that it was impossible to escape from the situation of anvil-deprivation on my own (engaged in combat), and I was already there since our meetup place was inside the charter stone area of this anvil-depriving individual. Now, I know that complaints against the state of morality and other unwanted states of mind are common and not very special. However, it shocks me that the complex and intimate relationship between a Sprucecap and their murderer gets reduced to this sorry state in which you don’t even get to see live the cum jar, giant swastika, or penis of a Japanese cartoon character on which your body is then shamefully displayed.

Before the recent change, you could at least appreciate the effort put into the post-mortem desecration of the body by observing where it gets stored while dwelling on the death screen. But now, if the killer decides not to show their Sprucecap the base, how is the Sprucecap to appreciate the professionalism and effort that went into their demise? I know, a rhetorical question, because this is now an impossibility!

I do not wish to name and shame that individual, not only because of the described lack of courtesy but also because it was relayed in the chat where the "kill video" was posted that the kill of my character was of low quality. If this was my fault, I want to apologize and promise I will do better to improve the kill experience of my characters.

On a constructive note, I would like to inquire if any of you would like to show me your base? Also, does anyone have an anvil that they don't need?

If yes, you can reach me here or on the commonly used Haven and Hearth Discord servers and we can make this work. This will probably not be in the near future, however, since I don't want to send my main crafter character, but I also don't want to provide an underdeveloped skull in case of homicide. I would consider sending my main character if someone can offer me a base tour and a kill of supreme quality. Maybe we could even set up a competition for the best base tour and kill video. I would be prepared to sponsor some hats. But I understand showing Strangers your Base can be spooky, so maybe we can do this when the next world gets announced.

Anyway, dear gamers, I hope we can manage to improve the experience for all players, no matter which end of the b12 they might find themselves on.

Sincerely, dev worshipingly, attention seekingly, peacesperly and prosperlyly wishingly

Drogenschlecht (THE self-proclaimed Expert in Sprucecap affairs and Hermit Advocacy) (Edit 12:34, I changed this line, it didnt fit this serious topic, sorry for that)

Why did u go there on ur main?
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Gauhörnchen » Thu May 30, 2024 10:17 am

overtyped wrote:

of their character.

- Martin Luther King

I don't think I implied that I did go there with my main. It was of course not my main. Or was it? If it was, It would be indeed be shameful to admit. If it wasn't, well, it would be ammunition to the position that my char simply didn't deserve to get a Base-Tour. A bad argument of course, but an argument nethertheless.
You see, this is bigger than me loosing my main or an alt, its about raising the standard of player-interactions.
Gauhörnchen

Postby grumgrumganoe » Thu May 30, 2024 2:45 pm

Gauhörnchen wrote:

of their character.

- Martin Luther King

I don't think I implied that I did go there with my main. It was of course not my main. Or was it? If it was, It would be indeed be shameful to admit. If it wasn't, well, it would be ammunition to the position that my char simply didn't deserve to get a Base-Tour. A bad argument of course, but an argument nethertheless.
You see, this is bigger than me loosing my main or an alt, its about raising the standard of player-interactions.[/quote]

Wait………….was it your main, or not? :|
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
grumgrumganoe

Return to The Moot