Thank you

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Thank you

Postby TheServant » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:59 pm

>sleeping on reset day

Skill issue
Aristotle wrote:Therefore it is fitting for the women to be married at about the age of eighteen and the men at thirty-seven or a little before — for that will give long enough for the union to take place with their bodily vigor at its prime, and for it to arrive with a convenient coincidence of dates at the time when procreation ceases.
TheServant

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:09 pm

Pandorica wrote:With 2 hours left on my claimstone to dry, i feel asleep.

I set an alarm and wake up at the time my claim is due to dry and to my shock my claimstone and whole base is gone.

Thank you very much to whoever bashed my claim stone and stuff.

Go fuck yourself.

skill issue

edit. didn't see previous post
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby VDZ » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:52 am

Granny wrote:But it was such a lovely place! I am usually hidden somewhere in the backwaters - this was such a lovely lush place with loads of place to roam and be free.

It's precisely because it's such a lovely place that you get attacked. The best locations will be claimed by the strongest groups, and they'll be hostile to anyone who tries to settle nearby. If you don't want conflict early in the world (especially on day 1), settle in a less appealing location, away from the river, ideally in a cave.

Audiosmurf wrote:I personally suspect that the concentration of players being created by the thingwall spawning mechanics is probably creating rougher neighbourhoods than usual

Definitely. I'm pretty sure it's also not just 'thingwall spawning' - I think it's a very limited number of thingwalls that people spawned at (or at the very least certain thingwalls got way more spawns than other thingwalls).
VDZ

Postby animary » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:42 am

Audiosmurf wrote:I personally suspect that the concentration of players being created by the thingwall spawning mechanics is probably creating rougher neighbourhoods than usual

Lol, I spawned right next to a thingwall, and with two dead hearthlings in sight. I scurried away and moved my hf as soon as possible. Too many people enjoy "hunting sprucecaps".
animary

Postby Noogia » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 am

animary wrote:

Lol, I spawned right next to a thingwall, and with two dead hearthlings in sight. I scurried away and moved my hf as soon as possible. Too many people enjoy "hunting sprucecaps".

Eh maybe its alts trying to scare people away from the area you never know
Noogia

Postby Granny » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:25 am

VDZ wrote:
Granny wrote:But it was such a lovely place! I am usually hidden somewhere in the backwaters - this was such a lovely lush place with loads of place to roam and be free.

It's precisely because it's such a lovely place that you get attacked.

Oh for sure. I knew that when I put the claim down. But grannies would like to live in nice places as well :) I think it has to be the best area I have ever seen in the game, since W6. The combination of several terrains close by, flat , localized resources (plural) etc. It is such a beauty. The group that attacked me were only 3 - with 2 more hearth fires in their base. They have successfully managed to chase away all from this area, so no plots there yet. However, the area is so nice I do not think that their small group will be able to keep it for long either.

I walked for a good amount of time from the spawning point until I found this. So far away from the initial Thingwall but close to another.
Granny

Postby Skrain » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:55 am

The socio-economic opportunities lead to rough living in the hoods of the thingwalls.
Skrain

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:56 am

Skrain wrote:

The socio-economic opportunities lead to rough living in the hoods of the thingwalls.

Purely socio-economic factors lead to the endemic issues we see in these neighbourhoods
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Skrain » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:58 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Skrain wrote:

Purely socio-economic factors lead to the endemic issues we see in these neighbourhoods

Forced share cropping back in W4 lead to these developments, we're still living with consequences to this very day.
Skrain

Postby Salad » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:18 pm

100%, High population concentration is going to make the landclaim race really intense. You're either going to need friends, luck, or distance from your spawning thingwall to really have a solid chance of not getting at least a few unwelcome visitors while your claim dries.
Salad

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot