Whatever Bay Under Siege by Snail

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Whatever Bay Under Siege by Snail

Postby donbot » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:43 pm

VDZ wrote:
MightySheep wrote:
Regnay1 wrote:That’s called being a child

Says the guy crying over a video game

I hope one day you and VDZ and the rest of you can grow up and accept this is all just a waste of time either way and then learn to appreciate wasting your time like I do, turn it into a sport

donbot wrote:yeah as long as you're having fun its all good, trying to devalue someones fun by saying they're children for doing something that you (subjectively) perceive as bad and inferior to what you're doing is childish as fuck

in the end we're both losers wasting our time on a bibeo bame, you're no different :ugeek:

Dismissing the applicability of ethics is called nihilism, and is in fact typically associated with immaturity. (Perhaps unjustly so in some cases, but in your case I doubt you arrived at this conclusion through extensive research and reasoning.)

When is it 'just a video game'? Is it only 'subjectively bad and inferior' when you impersonate a community member to slander their name and personally hurt those close to them? Or when you spread falsehoods to undermine trust in a community member, both inside and outside the game? Is allying with other griefers to form a force that cannot feasibly be resisted within the game rules with the specific intent to make the game less enjoyable for others really in line with the devs' endorsement of PvP as a necessary evil to prevent griefing? When you dedicate so much of your time in attempting to keep others from enjoying themselves, I can hardly call that 'just playing a game'.

Halbertz wrote:I am personally appreciate what Sheep is doing.

Did you even follow the links you posted? I sincerely doubt you increase the financial value of MightySheep's griefing. Or if you intended to refer to the third link on the disambiguation page, I am not exactly seeing MightySheep's apparent "kindness", "gifts, help, favors, or [other forms] of generosity" in these actions.

WARNING! WARNING! NECKBEARD ALERT!!!!!!!!!!
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby VDZ » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:54 pm

abt79 wrote:People like to “win” in competitive games. Would you call someone “childish” or “nihilistic” for killing you in a 3rd person shooter deathmatch, or an RTS game?

Spawncamping, smurfing and such is indeed considered childish (the proper term for it is 'unsportsmanlike conduct'). How much advantage are you gaining by killing sprucecaps for five days straight? Do the q100 stone axes you can loot from the market make you win?
VDZ

Postby MightySheep » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:57 pm

Whether it be raider or defender, I think we can all agree the saddest cunts is anybody who takes this shit too seriously. Every world there is these strange people talking about morality like they cant tell the difference between pixels and real life.

Some people like to make numbers go up, some people like to farm crop, some people like to bash things with a sledgehammer all day. None of these things is somehow more or less of a pointless waste of time than the other.

Using the name of a player that has quit to bait people out of their plot and KO them makes logical sense in a war. Bashing the crops and roads they use to feed and defend makes sense in a war. Stealing their charter name to get lots of loot makes logical sense too. I've already had plenty of upgrades from it. You're probably sitting there spending hours to create what I get for free and lecturing me that its somehow "morally wrong". I can only guess you also fell for the charter bait?

Also please stop with the "sprucecap" line its really so boring at this point when virtually every defending player has more stats and higher ql equipment than me, there's only so much you can play the victim card before it just becomes pathetic and boring for everyone involved.
MightySheep

Postby abt79 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:58 pm

VDZ wrote:
abt79 wrote:People like to “win” in competitive games. Would you call someone “childish” or “nihilistic” for killing you in a 3rd person shooter deathmatch, or an RTS game?

Spawncamping, smurfing and such is indeed considered childish (the proper term for it is 'unsportsmanlike conduct'). How much advantage are you gaining by killing sprucecaps for five days straight? Do the q100 stone axes you can loot from the market make you win?

Okay, now read the second half of the post you’re quoting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
abt79

piss shid

Postby DonCheadle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:08 pm

VDZ wrote:
^^^^^ faggot

RAAAAAAA u fux gave mightysheep the longpost retard virus
DonCheadle wrote:People have always been obsessed by celebrities. There are just more outlets and opportunities to make a living exploiting that obsession nowadays.
DonCheadle

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:12 pm

VDZ wrote:

The moment any snailee is capable of introspection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWvpvlT9pJU
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Robben_DuMarѕch » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:14 pm

Well said, Robben. I agree!
Robben_DuMarѕch

Robben dufart: Good Guy

Postby DonCheadle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:19 pm

DonCheadle wrote:People have always been obsessed by celebrities. There are just more outlets and opportunities to make a living exploiting that obsession nowadays.
DonCheadle

Postby VDZ » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:33 pm

MightySheep wrote:Every world there is these strange people talking about morality like they cant tell the difference between pixels and real life.

MightySheep wrote:Using the name of a player that has quit to bait people out of their plot and KO them makes logical sense in a war. Bashing the crops and roads they use to feed and defend makes sense in a war.

But if this is only a video game, it isn't a war. If it isn't a war, slander and unsportsmanlike malice has no place. It may make sense in a local multiplayer game to punch your opponent in the face - it gives you a significant advantage - but doing so is considered unsportsmanlike, even if a war is going on inside the game. Either you accept you're taking this beyond 'just a video game', or you're slandering people's reputation outside of the game for in-game advantage (which is a clear-cut case of unsportsmanlike conduct).

MightySheep wrote:Also please stop with the "sprucecap" line its really so boring at this point when virtually every defending player has more stats and higher ql equipment than me, there's only so much you can play the victim card before it just becomes pathetic and boring for everyone involved.

You've been spending the past while ensuring the WB citizens don't leave their plots. Are they such a risk to your game plan? Are these the people with more stats and higher quality equipment than you?

MightySheep wrote:I can only guess you also fell for the charter bait?

I'm paranoid enough to always check the destination I'm teleporting to. I typically even shift right-click the exit of my house, even though it's inside a closed, claimed palisade. My only personal connection to this whole thing is that I frequently visited the market.

abt79 wrote:
VDZ wrote:

Are you referring to "haven is a sandbox. There is no goal but what players make"? As we all know, real-life sandboxes are known for not having a predefined goal as to what to do with the sand, and ganging up on kids to kick down their sandcastles is normal and fully accepted behavior in a sandbox. In fact, many would argue that's the core purpose of a sandbox, right?

Or are you referring to the competitiveness, other factions being unable to keep up progress-wise with the mighty Whatever Bay and having to ally to take it down? Or are the mighty residents of Whatever Bay hogging all the good nodes to themselves, necessitating extreme force to break free from their tyrannical grasp?
VDZ

Postby Halbertz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:36 pm

VDZ wrote:Every world there is these strange people talking about morality like they cant tell the difference between pixels and real life.
Using the name of a player that has quit to bait people out of their plot and KO them makes logical sense in a war. Bashing the crops and roads they use to feed and defend makes sense in a war.
But if this is only a video game, this isn't a war. If it isn't a war, slander and unsportsmanlike malice has no place. It may make sense in a local multiplayer game to punch your opponent in the face - it gives you a significant advantage - but doing so is considered unsportsmanlike, even if a war is going on inside the game. Either you accept you're taking this beyond 'just a video game', or you're slandering people's reputation outside of the game for in-game advantage (which is a clear-cut case of unsportsmanlike conduct).

Also please stop with the "sprucecap" line its really so boring at this point when virtually every defending player has more stats and higher ql equipment than me, there's only so much you can play the victim card before it just becomes pathetic and boring for everyone involved.
You've been spending the past while ensuring the WB citizens don't leave their plots. Are they such a risk to your game plan? Are these the people with more stats and higher quality equipment than you?

I can only guess you also fell for the charter bait?
I'm paranoid enough to always check the destination I'm teleporting to. I typically even shift right-click the exit of my house, even though it's inside a closed, claimed palisade. My only personal connection to this whole thing is that I frequently visited the market.

People like to “win” in competitive games. Would you call someone “childish” or “nihilistic” for killing you in a 3rd person shooter deathmatch, or an RTS game?
Are you referring to "haven is a sandbox. There is no goal but what players make"? As we all know, real-life sandboxes are known for not having a predefined goal as to what to do with the sand, and ganging up on kids to kick down their sandcastles is normal and fully accepted behavior in a sandbox. In fact, many would argue that's the core purpose of a sandbox, right?

Or are you referring to the competitiveness, other factions being unable to keep up progress-wise with the mighty Whatever Bay and having to ally to take it down? Or are the mighty residents of Whatever Bay hogging all the good nodes to themselves, necessitating extreme force to break free from their tyrannical grasp?

Halbertz

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot