Thank you

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Thank you

Postby WowGain » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:48 am

animary wrote:"...doesn't work because this protection will be abused..."

Then it has been tried? And how did people abuse it? And why not tweak the system so it cannot be abused rather than saying it will not work.

it is the default state of the world every time theres a new world for the first 8 hours before any claims have dried and before rage is a widespread capability. tens of dozens of stupid naked alts will walk up to you blindly, drop all your shit on the ground, and break your stuff because they know they can without any fear of their character having their ass beaten immediately for doing so. now imagine these first few hours extrapolated out for the REST OF THE ENTIRE WORLD with the benefit of developed characters with industry, discoveries, and skills required to scale up these sorts of nuisances.

just because youre too incompetent to understand these basic facts does not preclude their existence.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby animary » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:54 am

So. Why waste time with farming and fishing and exploring and such, just spawn everyone randomly on the map with weapons laying around everywhere and let the hack-and-slash begin. Last person standing wins. Then start a new world and repeat.

Now you may again call me idiot, retard, incompetent, or whatever turns you on. That is the only response offered here when you disagree with someone.
animary

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:10 am

animary wrote:So. Why waste time with farming and fishing and exploring and such, just spawn everyone randomly on the map with weapons laying around everywhere and let the hack-and-slash begin. Last person standing wins. Then start a new world and repeat.

Now you may again call me idiot, retard, incompetent, or whatever turns you on. That is the only response offered here when you disagree with someone.

You catch on quick!
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:13 am

Some people play this game just to fight which is imo the way to go since every other aspect of the game leads to it, but some (probably most) people enjoy farming, fishing, mining, exploring, and all the other PVE niches they can do.
You'd be surprised how few people actually have any interest in pvp.

Nonetheless as we have argued, and so did the devs, pvp is a necessary part of the game so you can actually protect your shit and so you don't get griefed. Because there is no mods/GMs to save you if someone fucks you over using game mechanics.
And yet, the devs did make hnh a lot more casual than it was, a KO doesn't mean much since you probably won't get killed by it, and even if you die you get back with more stats in 2 days. Back in legacy pvp was fucking intense, you get KO you are basically dead unless your opponent takes mercy on you, and getting back from death was a lot tougher than it is now (you actually got weaker from dying).
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby WowGain » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:36 am

animary wrote:So.

"here is an exact example of why your suggestion for the world would not work, in practice."

"uhhh, so? heres a completely random tangent that has nothing to do with what you said and just defaults back to crying about people enjoying pvp"

and you're surprised we just start calling you a moron instead? youre not worth the effort, youre one of the countless ephemeral clowns that have made identical posts on this forum. you will be forgotten about before you have even left the building when someone more amusing does literally anything worth looking at.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby delfer8 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:13 am

Pandorica wrote:With 2 hours left on my claimstone to dry, i feel asleep.

I set an alarm and wake up at the time my claim is due to dry and to my shock my claimstone and whole base is gone.

Thank you very much to whoever bashed my claim stone and stuff.

Go fuck yourself.

I would say knowedge lack instead of skill issue. Ignore the usual shitposters, get the basic mechanics on how to protect yourself and your base. This game can be cruel in the evil hands and you should be prepared if u wanna face it. Remember a wise one can reach wherever. Learn and overcome.

Good luck to you.
Be nice, the woods are aware of you.

W3 and 4 Hermitage
W5 Emberwood and Kirribilli, PANDEMONIUM
W6 MIRROR LAKE
W7 Tkearns village
W10 F&I
W12 BROLAND, Weasel's Blue Boar Inn, Grimmhold retirement
W13 Monke Spanish plot
W14 Kakariko village Druid
W15 Into the deep woods

Where are you Weasel!?!?
delfer8

Postby delfer8 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:16 am

animary wrote:So. Why waste time with farming and fishing and exploring and such, just spawn everyone randomly on the map with weapons laying around everywhere and let the hack-and-slash begin. Last person standing wins. Then start a new world and repeat.

The game actually has a lot to offer if you know right! Just dont read the forum crap, click some add foe on shitposters and learn about the game. Mechanics on how to protect what u do and build. Slowly gain knowedge like i told to the thread creator and overcome. Cry in the forums is just a light for the shitposting flyes over here and will only damage your encouragement with the game and maybe make you lose interest and fun oportunities.
Be nice, the woods are aware of you.

W3 and 4 Hermitage
W5 Emberwood and Kirribilli, PANDEMONIUM
W6 MIRROR LAKE
W7 Tkearns village
W10 F&I
W12 BROLAND, Weasel's Blue Boar Inn, Grimmhold retirement
W13 Monke Spanish plot
W14 Kakariko village Druid
W15 Into the deep woods

Where are you Weasel!?!?
delfer8

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:19 pm

Because I like killing farmers, fishers, explorers, and minors.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Cajoes » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:18 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:

You catch on quick!

Isn't that basicly the valhalla test area.
Cajoes

Postby animary » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:08 am

Apocoreo wrote:
Because I like killing farmers, fishers, explorers, and minors.

I've seen you at the beach ....running around kicking everyone's sand castles.
animary

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot