Thank you

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Thank you

Postby Pandorica » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:17 am

With 2 hours left on my claimstone to dry, i feel asleep.

I set an alarm and wake up at the time my claim is due to dry and to my shock my claimstone and whole base is gone.

Thank you very much to whoever bashed my claim stone and stuff.

Go fuck yourself.
Retribution at its best.
Pandorica

Re: Thank you

Postby Noogia » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:40 am

Noogia

Postby Rodimus » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:28 pm

Such is life, accept one must.
(I also got my place rekt'd.)
W7 - Crestfall
W8 - Silvermoon
W10 - Pueblo Comedia
W11 - Misplaced Caves
W12 - Insulated Gulch
W14 - Vallblómbyrđa
W14 - Local Area Network
W15 - ???
Rodimus

Postby bitza » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:28 pm

early world is always rough. people want to dunk on you just to get you to move out of the local area, or take your stuff, or just for their entertainment. i recommend finding a new area and starting over.

before you have a claim you are basically defenseless. your only real defense at this point is blending in. practice minimap discipline. no paving, no plowing, no digging. don't park boats or other items that have minimap icons near your claim post. don't bother filling crates up with stuff or building kilns or drying racks or whatnot before your claim dries, all of that is meaningless without an active claim. keep your most important items on your inventory. this means that you have to resist collecting every dandelion and squirrel that you see.

once the claim dries, all efforts go to palisade materials. you're still vulnerable without a palisade (which has a drying time associated with it as well). until the palisade is dry, best practice is to avoid building and collecting and still try to remain stealthy on the map.
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby abt79 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:13 pm

bitza wrote:stay inconspicuous (doesn’t even mention caves)

Nah this guy is wrong. If you pave enough (600-1500 tiles) mean pvp bullies will be too intimidated to bash and rob your base/claim pole. Gray clay brick and cinnabar pavings work best.
abt79

Postby bitza » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:37 pm

putting your claim inside a cave is fine if you're able to handle bats, and don't care about farming or trees.

as to your other idea, maybe you're on to something. “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak” - Sun Tzu
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Finigini » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:54 pm

My cave claim got rekt too. Wouldn't be surprised if claim bashing bots crawled through the world destroying everything they come across.
Finigini

Postby kirion » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:18 pm

Settling right next to a river is also a great way to have your claim spotted and bashed. Early on, at least.
kirion

Postby Granny » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:36 pm

So sorry this happened to you Pandorica. I too fell victim to the same . I only had 15 min left until the claim became active when I was approached by a fellow calling me "bro" (! The audacity!) . Then his friends attacked me while he claimed this to be a bit "awkvard". Getting my bearings and in a wild dash of courage and insanity , I tried to get to the claim while they were destroying it. After I once again had to eat dirt only then did they ask me to" leave please"

But it was such a lovely place! I am usually hidden somewhere in the backwaters - this was such a lovely lush place with loads of place to roam and be free. I am going to miss is so much. My neighbour got the same treatment, but he was not online when this happened.

I usually do not log on to play at the world start, but it was so long since I had experienced it so I had to give it a go. I remember now why I pass on the first months. I might be back later. Be nice!
Granny

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:58 pm

I personally suspect that the concentration of players being created by the thingwall spawning mechanics is probably creating rougher neighbourhoods than usual
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Next

Return to The Moot