[POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

[POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Postby trinh » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:41 pm

Hello fellow hearthlings,

Please take a moment and answer simple question ( no poll in forum included ) so some free one:
https://poll-maker.com/poll4988595x5a39404a-153
trinh

Re: [POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:00 pm

I like how current PvP works, I enjoy it a lot.

Between factions:
First week -> Does my opponent have QB/Zig-Zag while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Second week -> Does my opponent have bronze gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Third week -> Does my opponent have 5/5 jugular/kito/zig-zag and other necessary moves while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fourth week -> Does my opponent have steel gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fifth week -> Does my opponent is whale abuser / hungercide abuser while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Six week -> 90% people who pvp quit -> (no pvp)
Seventh week -> For last 10% of people who want to run around for 1-2 hours for 1-2 KO's (can't say it's PvP)

Between big boys and spruces:
Can't say it's PvP -> (no pvp)

Between spruces:
(no PvP)
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby loleznub » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:16 pm

Best thing about PvP now is how accessible it is versus how it used to be..

No longer do you just die if you get KO'd

Skill issues look like this tho:
noindyfikator wrote: Between factions:
First week -> Does my opponent have QB/Zig-Zag while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Second week -> Does my opponent have bronze gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Third week -> Does my opponent have 5/5 jugular/kito/zig-zag and other necessary moves while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fourth week -> Does my opponent have steel gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fifth week -> Does my opponent is whale abuser / hungercide abuser while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Seventh week -> For last 10% of people who want to run around for 1-2 hours for 1-2 KO's (can't say it's PvP)

Between spruces:
(no PvP)
loleznub

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:31 pm

PVP is progressively getting more accessible, but it feels a li'l icky to rub that in people's face when you come from a large village of people with a decade of experience and a private client. Starting from actual zero would be kinda hard. Where do you even find 5-10 other people who want to PVP, letalone a CS nerd willing to make a client.

Also, I'm down for there being v large bois you can't always fight traditionally. Unlike a lot of people I'm not going to quit or start forming a mega-alliance the second my village/alliance isn't the strongest by far without a rival, but even so stuff like the week 3 phase where it's ~80 stockpiles of chalco for a B12+steel pants is just not it.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Luno » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:07 pm

I think the question between pvp and siege should be separated.
Even tho i think both need rework, to me, personally, all pvp really needs rn is for bunny slippers and hungercide to be gone.
Also, that str/con/weapon/armor equalization rly seemed like a good idea, i wish they wouldn't scrap that entirely.

Siege, however, was pretty much impossible after a claim was stablished, and now, after palisades are dry you are fuckin safe forever.
It even has some absurd cases, to raid my village right now, you actually need to cross the ocean to get to the thingwall(in order to break peace). I haven't even seen the thingwall for my province lmao.
But besides that, it still sucks, cause every claim is 24 hours. The only 24 hour raid we did last world was one we did by mistake, because of claims overlaying, the guy that checked power level thought their claim had a much lower power levle than it actually had.
Sieges are a thing that should happen. If you think a village is way too valuable to be lost so easily, then maybe moving the resources around and rebuilding should be made easier. Maybe siege chess itself should be more complex and interesting.

The way i see it, siege desperately needs a big rework while pvp can be easily fixed with small changes.
Luno

Postby Reiber » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:19 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I like how current PvP works, I enjoy it a lot.

Between factions:

Between spruces:
(no PvP)

you are not up to date how fast we progress through the stages, b12 was done on day15,
bronze age lasted for around 4 days, thats less than winter,
ceramics age didnt exist, instead we had 8 days of obsidian knive
and i wouldnt be surprised people are already only eating troll and seal, if whales hasnt spawned yet
Reiber

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:45 pm

Tbh bronze age should last longer, i find the janky decks and sword/spear choice to be quite fun. After b12's come into play pvp just defaults into cleave meta.
Grinding steel right now is just retarded as it was the last world, they should've made it so you can't make steel until you get sunstone or something.
Ingame: Shaki
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:56 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I like how current PvP works, I enjoy it a lot.

Between factions:

Between spruces:
(no PvP)

This but add forager credo/bunny slippers week 1, add super-low % ore steel gear half-way into week 3, and put hungercide in every week after week 1 (maybe 2).

And I blame a lot of the quitting on the bad hunger/fep system allowing ridiculous grinding, that no one wants to keep up with.
DDDsDD999

Postby Rebs » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:46 pm

I have noticed a considerable amount of low level pvpers/criminals and honestly its rather refreshing watching people who don't have any idea how the game works stealing from other people who have no idea how the game works and butting heads. I witnessed raids from newbie characters, I have witnessed local bandits turn out to be complete and utter trash but they are there doing their thing, I see a lot of new people dying and losing their bases having to start from scratch again but they don't give up hope and just eager for revenge rather then quitting.

Cant say much about faction PVP but your every day hearthling pvp is working out great with the smaller world as its basically now a requirement for survival as it should be.

Edit:

My point here is that, for some unknown reason, its starting to get more accessible to new players thus its not just the "big boys" doing all the pvp which is a good sign.
Rebs

Postby Reiber » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:29 pm

Rebs wrote:I have noticed a considerable amount of low level pvpers/criminals and honestly its rather refreshing watching people who don't have any idea how the game works stealing from other people who have no idea how the game works and butting heads. I witnessed raids from newbie characters, I have witnessed local bandits turn out to be complete and utter trash but they are there doing their thing, I see a lot of new people dying and losing their bases having to start from scratch again but they don't give up hope and just eager for revenge rather then quitting.

Cant say much about faction PVP but your every day hearthling pvp is working out great with the smaller world as its basically now a requirement for survival as it should be.

Edit:

My point here is that, for some unknown reason, its starting to get more accessible to new players thus its not just the "big boys" doing all the pvp which is a good sign.

lucky you, my 2 raiding experience this world was somebody with all crimeskills exept murder and around 70mc on day 3 and apparently i got knocked by one of the first few b12 on day 17
Reiber

Next

Return to The Moot