warning to the whatever bay (brodgar)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: warning to the whatever bay (brodgar)

Postby MightySheep » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:48 pm

im glad somebody finally brought me a belt upgrade i was getting tired of all the grand belts

if anybody know this guy tell him im willing to sell his master keys and 1k bay coin back
MightySheep

Postby vatas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:01 pm

Honestly that is "hate the game not the player" -moment. (Charter stones functioning with such an open system that allows hijacking inactive names.)

Also WB should've spammed "PSA: do not use "bay" charter stone." They only updated their OP 24 or so hours ago. They should be at least partially blamed for every loss people took when travelling to the "Real Fake Bay."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Cajoes » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:10 pm

vatas wrote:Honestly that is "hate the game not the player" -moment. (Charter stones functioning with such an open system that allows hijacking inactive names.)

Also WB should've spammed "PSA: do not use "bay" charter stone." They only updated their OP 24 or so hours ago. They should be at least partially blamed for every loss people took when travelling to the "Real Fake Bay."

Victim blaming. Cute.
Cajoes

Postby MightySheep » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:20 pm

Cajoes wrote:Victim blaming. Cute.

hes not wrong I couldnt believe they didnt edit their post for so long, Im grateful for it though

Even deactivating their charter instead of just closing gates is insanely stupid, their mishandling of situation causes these losses
Last edited by MightySheep on Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightySheep

Postby Ø » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:21 pm

Just to stir the pot and shitpost I'm going to make the false claim that this was part of the treaty agreement.

Why? Cuz apparently people like forum drama and I find it amusing.
Ø

Postby vatas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:26 pm

Cajoes wrote:
vatas wrote:Honestly that is "hate the game not the player" -moment. (Charter stones functioning with such an open system that allows hijacking inactive names.)

Victim blaming. Cute.

I'm assuming that retort is targeted at my criticism of WB.

Let's imagine that I'm your neighbour and ignore fire breaking out in my residence. Fire ends up burning your residence down as well while I continue to do nothing. When you ask why I didn't simply call the local 911 equivalent to at least mitigate the damage, I call you out for victim blaming.

Charter Stones cost only one Rock Crystals now. Why not build an "answering machine" vclaim somewhere that can hold the correct name? Have something paved inside the vclaim to explain that this is a "redirect" from the real market because market Charter Stone had to be deactivated.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Cajoes » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:38 pm

vatas wrote:
Cajoes wrote:

Victim blaming. Cute.

I'm assuming that retort is targeted at my criticism of WB.

Let's imagine that I'm your neighbour and ignore fire breaking out in my residence. Fire ends up burning your residence down as well while I continue to do nothing. When you ask why I didn't simply call the local 911 equivalent to at least mitigate the damage, I call you out for victim blaming.

Charter Stones cost only one Rock Crystals now. Why not build an "answering machine" vclaim somewhere that can hold the correct name? Have something paved inside the vclaim to explain that this is a "redirect" from the real market because market Charter Stone had to be deactivated.

Okay, but consider this. Your analogy makes no sense. Authority only exists at the tip of the sword in Hafen and the fire didn't start by itself, it was instigated. You are in essence, blaming the home-owner, whose house is burning down, that he should've forwarded his mail adress, instead of having UPS throw his packages into the blaze. Because some ass set his house on fire without warning while attempting to break inside. I am dimly aware what you are attempting to get at, but you are still absolving the responsible parties of blame by critiquing WB's handling of the out of context situation they are currently facing with a poorly structured analogy.
Cajoes

Postby MightySheep » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:51 pm

Cajoes wrote:Okay, but consider this. Your analogy makes no sense. Authority only exists at the tip of the sword in Hafen and the fire didn't start by itself, it was instigated. You are in essence, blaming the home-owner, whose house is burning down, that he should've forwarded his mail adress, instead of having UPS throw his packages into the blaze. Because some ass set his house on fire without warning while attempting to break inside. I am dimly aware what you are attempting to get at, but you are still absolving the responsible parties of blame by critiquing WB's handling of the out of context situation they are currently facing with a poorly structured analogy.

sick analogy bro, to add to ur analogy imagine the home is infact a community church which houses an orphanage of poor children and all the townspeople use this church every day via teleportation circle in the basement

then the head priest and owner of the church sit in his balcony every day with a megaphone hurling insult at the fire nation, calling them pussies

then one day evereything change when the fire nation attack, but the owner of the church even doesnt bother to secure the teleportion area or at the very least notify people that its not safe and 1 by 1 the townspeople port into a fiery blaze and perish along with all the poor orphans
MightySheep

Postby DonVelD » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:02 pm

Cajoes wrote:Okay, but consider this. Your analogy makes no sense. Authority only exists at the tip of the sword in Hafen and the fire didn't start by itself, it was instigated. You are in essence, blaming the home-owner, whose house is burning down, that he should've forwarded his mail adress, instead of having UPS throw his packages into the blaze. Because some ass set his house on fire without warning while attempting to break inside. I am dimly aware what you are attempting to get at, but you are still absolving the responsible parties of blame by critiquing WB's handling of the out of context situation they are currently facing with a poorly structured analogy.

i'll add to the analogy: imagine you, sucking my cock, thats it tbh
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Ø » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:03 pm

While I do like WEB I have to agree with vatas on this one.

If your town is under attack and you know that it is possible to hijack a charterstone name it is the responsibility of the leadership of that village to ensure that the charter stone name cannot be hijacked AND that they take every effort to protect their villagers and prospective clients/customers/consumers.

Just the same as if there is a gas leak at store. It is the responsibility of the company to protect its customers and workers by closing the store and directing patrons a way to a safe area until such time that the issue is resolved. Same as if there is a spill in a store. If it is not properly marked and someone slips and is injured it is the fault of the store for not cleaning the mess AND the fault of the person that caused that spill if it can be proven that they were responsible for said spill.

It is the responsibility of WEB to ensure that people do not needlessly suffer due to their current circumstance. They did not do this. It is unfortunate, but it is the way that things have played out.

It is also, ofc, the responsibility of the player to be aware of the goings-on in the game. This is not done simply by playing the game. Which kind of sucks since not everyone surfs or trolls the forums... I have no argument here... Just pointing out that it sucks that some people that are unaware of a siege likely got ganked trying to do what they felt was normal due to the mishandling and mismanagement of the charter stone.

What was done in good faith, the deactivation of the charter stone, caused the hijack to become possible. I would say that a request for this to be resolved should be put in C&I.

tl;dr
Management issue is not victim blaming.
Ø

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot