Looking to build a village!

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Looking to build a village!

Postby KingThiccness » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:30 am

I'm very new and looking to learn from scratch. I've learned a bit already and understand the basics of early game. I'm alone but have a couple friends that come around from time to time. Add me on discord my user is kingthiccness
KingThiccness

Re: Looking to build a village!

Postby notcloudfield » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:51 am

hello i sent you a friend request on discord :D my dsc is mididuck
notcloudfield

Postby karabamov » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:42 pm

I've never played with a group before so maybe someone more experienced can teach us how it's done. How would we go about doing this?
Last edited by karabamov on Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karabamov

Postby cecil01 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:07 pm

To have a character spawn in a specific place, you need to build a Wilderness Beacon. Once you build it, give it a "name". It will then start burning.
Then, the player that wants to join you must go to creating a new character, and in the spawning room, next to the graveyard, interact with the skull statue. There, they must input the "name" of the Wilderness Beacon (so it's actually a password). Then they get burned into the world as usual, but the beacon you placed becomes their Hearth Fire.
cecil01

Postby karabamov » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:54 pm

cecil01 wrote:To have a character spawn in a specific place, you need to build a Wilderness Beacon. Once you build it, give it a "name". It will then start burning.
Then, the player that wants to join you must go to creating a new character, and in the spawning room, next to the graveyard, interact with the skull statue. There, they must input the "name" of the Wilderness Beacon (so it's actually a password). Then they get burned into the world as usual, but the beacon you placed becomes their Hearth Fire.

Thanks for the explanation. So at least one character has to already be in the world before the rest of the group can spawn next to them.

These are the requirements for one Wilderness Beacon: Clay x10, Stone x10, Board x10, Block of Wood x20

Seems simple enough, but it might take a while to gather enough resources to build a few of them.
karabamov

Postby KingThiccness » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:33 pm

karabamov wrote:
cecil01 wrote:To have a character spawn in a specific place, you need to build a Wilderness Beacon.
Seems simple enough, but it might take a while to gather enough resources to build a few of them.

Actually I can make them easily, if anyone wants to join the village I've got a claim set and already got some small basics setup. please contact me on discord as I can get you added to the server we have going for it.
KingThiccness

Postby KingThiccness » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:34 pm

if discord doesn't work we can use any text based chat software you like. let me know cause I'm very interested in building a community.

I will keep my eye on this thread from now on.
KingThiccness

Postby KingThiccness » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:38 pm

Maybe try this app? https://revolt.chat/
KingThiccness

Postby karabamov » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:59 pm

KingThiccness wrote:Maybe try this app? https://revolt.chat/

Yeah that seems to work.
karabamov

Postby karabamov » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:06 pm

KingThiccness wrote:
karabamov wrote:
cecil01 wrote:To have a character spawn in a specific place, you need to build a Wilderness Beacon.

Actually I can make them easily, if anyone wants to join the village I've got a claim set and already got some small basics setup. please contact me on discord as I can get you added to the server we have going for it.

Great. PM me the Wilderness Beacon password and I'll join you.
karabamov

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves