Fresh start solo looking for a good spot to settle

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Fresh start solo looking for a good spot to settle

Postby Leny » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:55 pm

Hi!

I'm currently near -51, 107, should be eastern continent, fresh new character, wanted to see what's been added to the game in the past few years and I'm looking for suggestions on where to settle.

I am considering the public well as having access to decent Q water would probably be a good start. So, if anyone would be ok with being my boat taxi, I'd love to cross the ocean with you. Arriving alive, preferably. I know I could keep spawning characters until I get the right spawn, but I wanted to challenge myself to be a little bit more social than I usually am.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I could also, potentially, be your neighbour. I've played through a couple of worlds, so I know my way around the game and I've probably done all the different jobs in small to mid size villages. Mostly focusing on hunting, mining and cheese production. No PvP. No drama.

DM me on Discord (onemoreknight) or here. Thanks!

E: I've joined a very small group of players and I'm having fun checking out all the new changes done to the game in the past few years.
Last edited by Leny on Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Re: Fresh start solo looking for a good spot to settle

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:10 am

The way water change works, you can build a well anywhere and it will be guaranteed q260 minimum. This is particularly important because drawing water from Well isn't affected by Survival, while water drawn from river or lake will be hardcapped by Survival.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Leny » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:46 pm

vatas wrote:The way water change works, you can build a well anywhere and it will be guaranteed q260 minimum. This is particularly important because drawing water from Well isn't affected by Survival, while water drawn from river or lake will be hardcapped by Survival.

Thanks, that's a neat change :)
Everytime I find something that doesn't make sense I can almost see Jorb grinning and mumbling to himself: "working as intended."
Leny

Postby caz » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 pm

How did the journey across the ocean go? Hope you enjoy the changes to the game since you last played.

You should also check out the Discord(s) if you get stuck or need clarification of anything on the wiki.

butt
holes

Good luck.
caz

Return to Dwarves & Thieves