https://twitter.com/Azkanan

Jungletoe wrote:*cough* *cough*
Dwell

Both look very good!
MRSatan

Re: Other game like H&H?

Postby kitsune121x » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:20 am

Jungletoe wrote:*cough* *cough*
Dwell is coming out this fall. I'm the developer and I made it because I was unhappy with a lot of things Haven was doing. Dwell uses the exact same gameplay concepts as Haven and is the cheapest option because it only costs $15 to play for life :)

is there permadeath in it and is it going to be an MMO if not it's going to be another game like Starbound or Terraria
kitsune121x

Postby Grable » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:31 am

Still in Alpha, but Wild Terra is a good alternative.
Grable

Postby Bob_the_Cat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:40 am

Rador wrote:Well bro... Im happy for you, that you have a place to go... 90% of us dont even know where to go.Jorbtar raped us, threw us away like old ****. See you next world where Jorbtar sit on a street with the wish, they had never turned out so greedy

Wanting a paycheck is so greedy. sure... Especially when your dream job is making you own game that you've spent years on... Much greed...

On topic, I play mortal online. It does require a sub, but to me its well worth it. Its open pvp sandbox (but I dont really count it as full sandbox cuz it isnt a random gen world). Its first person combat like chivalry, with looting, so its pretty dang swag. I cant really afford 2 subs tho, but I'm going to sub both until I can make my mind up / get alot of money and just stay subbed to both :p
Bob_the_Cat

Postby asval » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 am

Try project zomboid hydrocraft mod, both the mod and main game are still being updated.
asval

Postby epicless » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:27 am

They look interesting. Might try them out when I have some time.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Postby ATHF » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:12 am

Shardok wrote:Hose... What game is that?

google image search says its this maybe.
here is homepage.
ATHF

Postby chocolaterain » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 am

pagsiu wrote:Yeah, wurm online is MUCH better.

as someone who has played that game since 2012, it's absolute crap. It's basically staring at timers 9/10 times of all the hours you play it. The community is as toxic as league's and dota's combined and they have the most unprofessional administration ever.

last drop for me was when the dev couldn't be bothered fixing premium rewards, so he came out on the forums to tell everyone "the rewards were a bonus anyway so we're just going to remove it". Even though everyone was promised it on purchase.
what a b e a u t i f u l duwang
chocolaterain

Postby Reeyfer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Hmm is dwell an mmo tho? I looked at it a week or so back (I think when this same thread was on the old forum) and I don't remember it being an mmo.

Also watched some videos of Ark and while it's beautiful (except the animations ofc like most modern games, the dino animations are absolute crap at times)it doesn't seem much like haven. I mean it's a survival game sure but it's a shooter (which I have no problem with, I love shooters), the progression through tech is insanely quick (which I do have a problem with, as you'll have everything within days), and the servers are tiny, it's not really a mmo. It is in fact much more similar to reign of kings and the stomping lands than haven. Still a game I would probably play if my computer could run it, but not as a substitute for this.
Reeyfer

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar