Game Development: Lantern Footstool

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Lantern Footstool

Postby Overion » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Procne wrote:Was there any info on how is the client rendering update going?

Im very tired waiting for reasons to wipe server, dev's promise wipe about in three months its starts from April and im still waiting for start plays in fresh new world.
Overion
Under curfew

Postby infectedking3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Overion wrote:

Im very tired waiting for reasons to wipe server, dev's promise wipe about in three months its starts from April and im still waiting for start plays in fresh new world.

Devs didn't promise shit about wiping in three months, they said they will wiped it when they've pushed enough out that they feel is needed for the wipe, it could be next week or in 6months from now, so either play or wait, up to you.
infectedking3

Postby Lyrroth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Overion wrote:

Where did they PROMISE ANYTHING? As far as I recall on last stream jorb it said it might be 5-6 months, but we all know goodie old jorb enough to know it might be 12 months as well.
Lyrroth

Postby infectedking3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Doesn't matter to me whether they wipe it or not. I guess just some of these new kids think it will make a difference for them, smh. Only difference is more people online at the same time and you'd end up dying and quitting again faster.
infectedking3

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:46 am

First, not the thread for discussion of such a topic. Keep it over in the "world reset" discussion.

Second: I'd need to see a link to where jorb talked about a reset any time soon. As far as I know, they've posted their map for where they want to go with development for the year, and that doesn't include anything that needs a reset until that is done from what I can see.
Last edited by MagicManICT on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for clarity of point.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 am

Overion wrote:dev's promise wipe

Never did, never will. Always happens at our prerogative, and without much warning.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DatSheep » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Preach
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 pm

We will be patching tonight, rather than yesterday, btw. Sorry about that!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby The_Blode » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 pm

jorb wrote:We will be patching tonight, rather than yesterday, btw. Sorry about that!

Hooray! Something to look forward to today!
The_Blode

Postby Dondy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:00 am

Two days ago I put down a haruspex to quickly transfer some materials that otherwise would not fit in my inventory. It looked so pretty that I left it there for a few seconds longer, and it disappeared. Oops. Haruspex has about thirty second lifetime before decay. Learning experience, no problem.

Today, leveling by my back gate maybe fifty tiles away, what pops into my inventory, but the haruspex! :D This means if I drop something vital some day, like a key, there will be frenzied digging for the next three weeks! It might just be recoverable!

Much enjoying this. Makes up for all the q10 tree seeds I am digging up constantly.
Dondy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements