Iron Bank - World 11

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Iron Bank - World 11

Postby Malkiah » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 am

Greetings Hearthlings,

Iron Bank is officially adopting Haven & Hearth as a game to play. Therefor we are currently recruiting and accepting applications. If you would like to join a large community and have a background in hardcore guilds and titles, then please feel free to apply. This post will be updated as our plans develop over the course of this week. To apply, please join our Official Discord found below, and send a DM in Discord to myself personally after having filled out your application here in this thread. Thank you.

Official Website: https://ib-gaming.com
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/kYADk6v
Trenial#4036

APPLICATION
Please copy and paste the following below, answering the questions.

Discord Name(example#1234): Discord is required to join this community. Visit Discord if you do not have an account.

Steam Profile(URL): You may keep this private, however during the interview process you will be required to verify ownership of your Steam profile before your application can be processed. Failure to comply will result in an automatic denial of your application. If you have VAC bans on record, depending on the circumstances you will be required to explain the VAC bans, and the length of time that has passed. We reserve the right to deny or approve anyone on a VAC issue. If you do not have a Steam profile, please do not apply.

Are you Age 21+: If you are not 21 or older, a maturity examination will be determined during the interview.

Are you fluent in English:

Male/Female:

Do you own a Headset/Mic:

Previous Hardcore/Sandbox Games:

Do you have past leadership experience:

Please explain past leadership experience:

Would you be interested in leadership:

How long have you played Haven & Hearth:

Did you play Albion Online with us:

If so, who were you in-game:
Malkiah

Re: Iron Bank - World 11

Postby Ozzy123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:29 am

Hey that actually seems like a decent project..

+1 good luck bois
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby 2d0x » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:40 am

Malkiah wrote:...Are you Age 21+...

Childrenоphobia %D
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby ekzarh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 am

Sounds like a decent project, but I don't really like discrimination of people who don't have a Steam account and don't want to register in that crapshit.

Disclosure of ban history is also a disclosure of personal data and goes against anonymousness and Internet freedom. But that's your choice and you are free to make it.
ekzarh

Postby Razzbane » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 am

This looks really nice, gl guys!
Razzbane

Postby Salad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 pm

I wish you guys luck, but if i'm being honest a lot of people aren't going to want to disclose some of this information even if it's privately to a single person. that being said giving a false profile to apply is always something that can be done. you're not going to get everyone to give you their ACTUAL steam info.

Hell some aren't even going to fake it, I know a few people on here just avoid steam like the plague, and they might just make a shell to join your group if they feel so inclined.

and the 21+ age limit seems so arbitrary it reminds me of American drinking laws. If your objective is to gate childish behavior out of the community why set the bar at 21? why not set the bar at a trial within the community to access the individual and see if they're going to mesh well within your structure. Also people are just going to lie if they're under this age and they want to be a part of this group that badly, and you'd be none the wiser unless you demanded some sort of hard proof, or started demanding everyone speak of microphone (Which is another thing that's going to gate a ton of people from ever wanting to join).

As for Discord, while I use it personally, and it is a useful platform to keep in touch with people, the amount of bullshit that Discord as a company pulls is beyond "not OK" for a pretty substantial group of people, and getting your community banned for some pretty silly reasons is also a good reason not to use them as a platform, as well as user data collection being so extensive it'd make the CIA blush.

In short, your requirements are going to gate a fair amount of players with the type of know-how you want from joining. I'd suggest spreading out to better platforms for communication, and probably removing some of these restrictions or otherwise retooling them to be more user friendly.

Good luck finding the type of people you want :lol:
Salad

Postby MightySheep » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:48 am

+1 ignore whiners
MightySheep

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:59 am

With this many requirements you should maybe tell more about your village or group, I think! How many players the group has, are they active or experienced?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby johnnylogen » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:39 am

after reviewing the responses by the community we are now instead using pigeon post as our primary means of communication
johnnylogen

Postby Hawks282 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:51 am

The people having an issue with Steam or using microphone seem to live under a rock imho. It's pretty standard practice to use/provide that information with current communities. If it's not your cup of tea than that's fine to each it's own, but let's not make the OP feel like it's not normal practice because it's pretty standard in online games like Eve, Atlas, Ark, Rust...etc People don't want to get insideded and that's just one way to minimize it.
Hawks282

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves