a suggestion on valhalla/reviving jungle terrain

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

a suggestion on valhalla/reviving jungle terrain

Postby myrsky01 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:34 am

1. It would be nice if we could have a sham fight with animals in valhalla. I always feel it too risky to test my new combat settings with wild animals, especially with bears.

2. Do you have any thoughts on reviving jungle terrain that once was in legacy?
myrsky01

Re: a suggestion on valhalla/reviving jungle terrain

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am

it wasn't jungle, it was a form of overgrown marshland known as thicket. It's been asked before with no actual answer. It hasn't even been listed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=40708. (At this point, I'm not sure if anything else from that thread is going to get added back in, a couple obvious exceptions.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby myrsky01 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm

MagicManICT wrote:it wasn't jungle, it was a form of overgrown marshland known as thicket. It's been asked before with no actual answer. It hasn't even been listed in this thread: https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 48&t=40708. (At this point, I'm not sure if anything else from that thread is going to get added back in, a couple obvious exceptions.)

Thanks for your reply. so then it is not likely to revive.
kinda disappointed...
myrsky01

Postby vatas » Fri May 29, 2020 6:41 pm

My old thicket suggestion was that the slow-down and build restrictions would be handled by filling thicket with bushes/shrubs that are time-consuming to clear but you can pass through them at crawl-speed. (Previously the "Thicket" tiles reduced your movement to crawl and prevented building near them similar to how water works.)

Now that devs did some hit-box updating, major obstacle to make this a reality is gone...
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 29, 2020 7:50 pm

myrsky01 wrote:Thanks for your reply. so then it is not likely to revive.
kinda disappointed...

I'm not saying it won't, but it seems to have been deliberately left out, to me at least, when everything else and then more in the way of biomes were created for world 8. It also hasn't helped that loftar really has had his hand full with the client rewrite the last few years, and it has likely hindered getting a few of those things back in the game. (I'm sure a few things have been "inspiration to make it fit and not be OP.")
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Critique & Ideas