Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Postby FreedmanWayne » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:08 pm

I have been playing this world now for a couple of weeks and been having no issues. Until recently, when a guy named StyalV in Balder's Bra realm started repeatedly targeting me for chat bans. For no reason, no personal attacks or criticisms, no criticisms of the realm, no lude comments whatsoever. I want to know why he or anyone has the power to mute other players in this game. *IF* you see utility in this mechanic that allows for blatant (let's call it what it is at this point) cyber bullying, then you need to counter that with a global chat where I can still ask questions and attempt to trade. I paid this company $15 voluntarily for a free game only to become the target of pointless harassment not 24 hours later. *IF* you also believe as you state in your Q&A that you believe these things to be symptoms of bad mechanics instead of bad players, then institute said changes or admit that you let scum run your game willingly.
FreedmanWayne

Re: Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Postby FreedmanWayne » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 pm

This post was just linked in chat and I received more abuse. Accused of having "personal issues" and being "melodramatic" and an unwillingness to discuss the issue. Ironic because I was chat banned again for trying to discuss the issue. Also some idiot thinks I paid $15 to not be harassed on the internet when clearly I stated I had paid the money before having any such issues. So I'm not sure how the ever wise "Chosen of Khorne" arrived at that conclusion...And, yes, I acknowledge how childish it is to be forced to communicate in this way. Perhaps it will serve to further highlight the issues in the chat system.
Last edited by FreedmanWayne on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreedmanWayne

Postby cherryquartz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:23 pm

FreedmanWayne wrote:I have been playing this world now for a couple of weeks and been having no issues. Until recently, when a guy named StyalV in Balder's Bra realm started repeatedly targeting me for chat bans. For no reason, no personal attacks or criticisms, no criticisms of the realm, no lude comments whatsoever. I want to know why he or anyone has the power to mute other players in this game. *IF* you see utility in this mechanic that allows for blatant (let's call it what it is at this point) cyber bullying, then you need to counter that with a global chat where I can still ask questions and attempt to trade. I paid this company $15 voluntarily for a free game only to become the target of pointless harassment not 24 hours later. *IF* you also believe as you state in your Q&A that you believe these things to be symptoms of bad mechanics instead of bad players, then institute said changes or admit that you let scum run your game willingly.

Damn bullies! How dare they!
cherryquartz

Postby cherryquartz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:26 pm

FreedmanWayne wrote:
Lalaxx wrote:¦]

You're one of the millions of 3rd world small-brains who thinks being obnoxious is a skill, GG.

It is a skill! I think skill shaming is a form of cyber bullying actually.
cherryquartz

Postby FreedmanWayne » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:58 pm

cherryquartz wrote:
FreedmanWayne wrote:I think either of you should actually get good at trolling before you claim having that skill, even if you do think it's worth developing. lol.

Who was talking about trolling?

Better attempt with this one. I almost raged.
FreedmanWayne

Postby cherryquartz » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 am

FreedmanWayne wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:
FreedmanWayne wrote:I think either of you should actually get good at trolling before you claim having that skill, even if you do think it's worth developing. lol.

Who was talking about trolling?

Better attempt with this one. I almost raged.

Oh, i already know
cherryquartz

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 am

Realms are created and owned by players. There is no "global" chat. Realm owners are free to mute whoever they don't want to see in the chat. There's no need for a reason to mute someone, they can just do it.
In regards to asking questions and learning the game: sadly, this game's filled with lots of toxic people and there is nothing you can really do about it (usually they're the loudest ones too). Best advice I can give you is to use the forums and the wiki if you have questions about this game. I suggest you also join a village that is recruiting newbies, which will greatly accelerate the rate at which you learn this game.

If I haven't made myself clear, the devs have nothing to do with that public chat or the players who own that realm. You only have access to that chat because you're on that realm's territory. Realms also have an inner kingdom chat (not public) which only oathed people can see.

Also stop feeding trolls they're lesser beings and you don't seem to be very smart by feeding them either ¦]
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:16 am

Since clearly the children don't know how to behave on the forums, they need a time out. (Note: consider this a warning.) If you can't be reasonable and keep the drama in The Moot, then don't post. It's a valid question, and if you can't provide valid answers or feedback, fuck off. Off topic posts are being Hel'd.

@OP: if you can't handle rude people, this probably isn't the community for you. I hate to run people off from the game, as it's a great game, and really is a great community once you get past the rough parts. It takes a thick skin to run with the pack here.

Also, if you have questions about the game, we have a help section here that is moderated.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:01 am

just close your eyes stupid.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:16 am

You can lower the chat screen so it's not visible or simply put it on 'system' if you are having issues with anyone in the chat or don't want to read a particular conversation, personally I just ignore anyone who is being rude or 'trolling', I honestly don't see the point of trying to communicate with anyone who is deliberately trying to be offensive. :)

As for being able to ban people in the realm chats, I think this is a handy feature if in the right hands, maybe you could try speaking to the realm leader (in this case SnuggleSnail) about any problems you are having with a realm member banning you.

Balder's Bra chat is usually quite lively at the time I regularly play, (around now) I find the majority there are really friendly and will quite happily answer questions and offer help. I have probably spent more time talking in this chat than any other from past worlds due to this.

I never stop being irritated by others continuously saying this games community are 'Toxic' ... it's just not true, this games community are overall actually great! There are ofc some exceptions, which is true of any community of people be it in gaming or in rl, it's your choice, always, whether or not to enter into discussions with them. ;)

Edit;
I just read the posts that were sent to hell. I'm sensing speaking to the realm leader is not going to be helpful in this case after all .....
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas