Game Development: Beehive Fields Forever

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Beehive Fields Forever

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:35 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added Import/Export functions to the client side maps. You may now import and export your local maps to file, to transfer them to another computer, or the like. We will probably be adding more functionality to this interface to be more specific about how to handle selective imports/merging, &c. Importing a map currently merges it with your existing map, but do note that the import feature may contain bugs, so it is wise to keep a backup before importing.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Reworked certain player character related resources, notably the cape, to support GPU skinning. This allows for instanced rendering of mesh animated meshes, (beehives, full trash piles, &c), which gives a very significant performance boost to such objects (pic related: 600+ beehives). This should also fix some flickering issues (certain) boots may have had before. Do report any strange animation behaviors or mesh bleeds, particularly in the character, that you may encounter.
  • Reworked wound healing from alchemical Elixirs, so that...
    • Wound healing from alchemical Elixirs is applied as a Wound treatment, rather than a part of the Elixir buff. As a consequence of this...
    • Elixir Treatments now have their own timers, set apart from the rest of the Elixir buff effect entirely, and generally longer durations.
    • Wounds have an internal severity rating, determining how responsive they are to Elixir treatment. Some wounds, notably Wretched Gore, Nidburns, Toad Wart, and Bum Burn, are now significantly harder to heal using Elixirs. There is still some efficacy to such treatment, but it shouldn't be nearly as busted as it has been.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • The cape issues introduced with the last patch to custom clients using the old rendering architecture should hopefully be fixed. If not, get with the times?

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Items, for the fair price of $9 is the "Flower Power Cap"

Store Description wrote:Image$9 You have every reason to believe that this cap is powered by 100% renewable energy.

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Flower Power Cap". free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • An update to the server-client protocol is the next project in the pipe. It is a relatively limited scope project to allow for better definitions of objects in relation to other objects (E.g. bubbling retort standing on lit tripod burner with variable materials, standing on an Alchemist's table. That kind of stuff). One upside is that it could allow us to add variable materials to tools and equipment. This is necessary for the next project after, namely Object Controlled Objects, which we consider the next major milestone in development.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Beehive Fields Forever

Postby kiddoinc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:40 pm

very cool boys.
Last edited by kiddoinc on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiddoinc

Postby Fostik » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:40 pm

After almost month of long alchemy discovery, when people at least found some few useful recipes, you decided to nerf it, 10/10.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Fostik wrote:After almost month of long alchemy discovery, when people at least found some few useful recipes, you decided to nerf it, 10/10.

I mean, the stuff we nerfed was mainly stuff that was pretty universally agreed to be broken.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:43 pm

loftar wrote:
Fostik wrote:After almost month of long alchemy discovery, when people at least found some few useful recipes, you decided to nerf it, 10/10.

I mean, the stuff we nerfed was mainly stuff that was pretty universally agreed to be broken.

by all 5 people who posted in the alchemy update thread?! :o
Zentetsuken

Postby zanco » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi, I'm a gold subscriber and did not get the new hat. Please help...
zanco

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:by all 5 people who posted in the alchemy update thread?! :o

I've also had it reported multiple times in private, and I also didn't see you there contesting it in the alchemy thread.

zanco wrote:Hi, I'm a gold subscriber and did not get the new hat. Please help...

The reason you didn't get it is that you subscribed after the fact, but I've now given you the hat manually.
loftar

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Any chance of adding a way to tell which ingredient is being used in which part of the crafting process?
These are technically two separate potions and I achieved them by switching the order in which the ingredients were inserted (EX: Picking up one ingredient and forcing the crafting recipe to look at the other first)
I was wondering if something similar to this very professional example could be used to solve some confusion if this is what causes this?
holy shit that picture is big
Austinh15

Postby zanco » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:50 pm

loftar wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:by all 5 people who posted in the alchemy update thread?! :o

I've also had it reported multiple times in private, and I also didn't see you there contesting it in the alchemy thread.

zanco wrote:Hi, I'm a gold subscriber and did not get the new hat. Please help...

The reason you didn't get it is that you subscribed after the fact, but I've now given you the hat manually.

Thank you...I am now beautiful....
zanco

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Austinh15 wrote:These are technically two separate potions and I achieved them by switching the order in which the ingredients were inserted (EX: Picking up one ingredient and forcing the crafting recipe to look at the other first)

The intention is that that order shouldn't matter, so if that's true, then it's a bug. Are you sure, however, that you didn't do something technically different, like changing the order of the crafting operations, or something like that? Otherwise, please PM me exact steps to reproduce.

EDIT: Just checked your huge-pic a bit closer, and I think I might understand what the problem is. Will consider a fix.
loftar

Next

Return to Announcements