Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Postby Hasta » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:07 am

jorb wrote:I mean... you can just ignore the realm chat

But...But... there are some people on the internetz that disagree with meee! >.<

jorb wrote:a way to hard close it could be cool if that's not already in.

If only the devs knew whether there is a way to close mandatory chats inflicted on a player with no consent or means to avoid. Wouldn't that be nice.
Hasta

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:46 am

just dont fucking read it, its that simple.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby FreedmanWayne » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:22 am

This community is human genetic refuse. I cannot even begin to bridge the giant chasms that are the gaps in your collective logic. You simple-minded sheep think being obnoxious is a skill. No, dumb fucks, manipulating all of you into this dumpster fire to get attention for a collective issue worked in case you didn't notice. Several people agreeing, or only disagreeing because they are guilty of the same things displayed in this forum. Using ad hom attacks against me instead of arguing the issue at hand. Literally without fail, all of you. It's genuinely laughable. I should know, I'm still laughing. But it is also sad. The silver lining is that it is not my problem to solve. You all will lead your sad, incomplete, aimless, and utterly forgettable existences within this space where you all can breath in each others' filth and pretend you all are this enhanced image of yourself. The ability to become upset is not disqualifying for the possession of "thick skin". It is the ability to leave it at the door. All this tiny cock incel "You think THAT is thick skin?! HA! I have REAL thick skin! I'll show you!" it's just blatant insecurity fellas. And anyone with half a day of an intro psych course can see that. I do not wish you well. I do not wish you luck. I do not wish you happiness or prosperity. I wish great suffering for all of you. Because it is through suffering that we learn empathy.

-A Bump Story
FreedmanWayne

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:37 am

you're mean
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby KingfishCid » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:31 am

4.5/10 Not great not terrible bait;just slightly below average.
KingfishCid

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Fostik » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Who the hell needs realm chats? There are only crazy russians discussing how to cook vodka or something like that all the time
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby jacob232 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:51 pm

jorb wrote:I mean... you can just ignore the realm chat, but I guess a way to hard close it could be cool if that's not already in.

Also i noticed Snuggle's joke about the moderation bot :D i think i had been plagued by the issue as well.......but all i did was stop reading the pages of bot scripts(......discord communities are the way to go.......I am curious is there a global discord at this point.)

I'm also a bit curious myself, i assume we dont have built in global chat because it conflicts with the core of the game? and how does Realm chat not? At the very least i feel like Realm Chat should have to force either a Cheiftain or a Pclaim owner to 'swear fealty' to their kingdom so it has similar limits to Vchat where someone in charge of the kingdom has to know their citizens possibly explaining chat rules ahead of time to avoid the need to ban people.

Also i know people give Snail alot of shit, but i myself am nothing but impressed at the sheer size of that realm, a little fearful? perhaps.....
so this one time at band camp.............
jacob232

Postby Sevenless » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:55 pm

We stopped having a global chat when the player base grew large enough that it was completely dysfunctional. Inability to control chat will 100% be bot scripted into useless-ness. It's one thing if the realm owners want to poop in their own drinking water, but anyone able to do it at all times means might as well just remove them entirely.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:35 pm

i'm surprised nobody has integrated Discord APIs into their client yet.... (probably one of the private clients have.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas