Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Postby jorb » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:25 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • A strange new star shines from the tops of various evergreens of the Hearthlands!
  • Added Gingerbread. You can now craft Gingerbread Dough, and three Cookie Cutters -- Man, Woman, and Heart -- and use the latter to punch out gingerbread cookies from the dough.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Charter Stones now memorize locations you have successfully visited in the past. You may have to travel to one to get your list updated. (This is temporarily reverted until it can be properly debugged.)
  • Shift-Click a snow tile to get an area select tool for shoveling snow.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • You can now Shift+Right-Click ships to open a cargo inventory for them which doesn't close when moving around, akin to what can be done for wagons.
  • Fixed a bug with the Heraldic Cape bleeding through various things.
  • Fixed a bug with the cape bleeding through the character when running/walking and drinking.
  • Fixed a bug with yule decorations on trees not applying the tree's rotations.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Items, for the fair price of $5, $10, and $15 are the "Yule Bell", the "Christmusketeer's Hat", and the "Crown of the Magi"

Store Description wrote:Image$5 A ding, and a dong, in festive celebration of seasons turning.

Store Description wrote:Image$10 All for one, and one for all, and all for the merriest season of all!

Store Description wrote:Image$15 A crown for wise men, and kings, to bring gifts to the king who is to be.

All Silver subscribers have been awarded the "Yule Bell", and all Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Yule Bell" and the "Christmusketeer's Hat", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • With this patch, we pack it in for the year, and expect to get back to work as per usual in the first week of January 2021, after some holiday R'n'R!
  • We wish all of you a very, merry, Christmas, close to your families and loved ones, and a Happy New Year! We thank everyone who has supported us through 2020, through kind words, through simply playing, through good ideas, or through using the game store. All of it means a great deal, and we can't thank you enough. Merry Christmas!
  • Improving the default client remains somewhat of a focus. Feel free to keep letting us know what features you'd like to see in it!
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • We are working toward object controlled objects. The server protocol changes are largely complete, and will otherwise progress in tandem with work on object controlled objects.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS... might be a good idea. Fixed various things, among others a crash bug on the new client.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Merry Gingerbread!

Postby Jalpha » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:26 pm

It's Christmas!
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:27 pm

The light effect works really well on the trees.

Are you planning on addressing these problems soon?
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=69589
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=69524
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:27 pm

happy chrystler
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby shadowchris » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:28 pm

I blame asendre with the unusual amount of disappointment this week. :?
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Zodiac215 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:37 pm

nice patch, how about the ability to type the amount of stuff you wanna get from stockpiles?
Zodiac215

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Zodiac215 wrote:nice patch, how about the ability to type the amount of stuff you wanna get from stockpiles?

It has always seemed to me like such an extremely marginal thing to bloat the stockpile UI for (I've never felt the need myself), but I guess it's not something I couldn't consider.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby datie008 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 pm

really? giving 0.01 kg per recipe and need 0.50kg for a cookie?
datie008

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm

datie008 wrote:really? giving 0.01 kg per recipe and need 0.50kg for a cookie?

Seems to be a bug that slipped through. Will restart to fix. It was always 0.1 kg for a cookie, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Cayur » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:46 pm

jorb wrote:In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • We are working toward object controlled objects. The server protocol changes are largely complete, and will otherwise progress in tandem with work on object controlled objects.

785486315675844610.png
785486315675844610.png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
Cayur

Next

Return to Announcements