No "Made from ... " for (mixed)Milk ?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

No "Made from ... " for (mixed)Milk ?

Postby mvgulik » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:55 pm

No "made from ..." for variable ingredient Milk(mixed).

Same for Butter (of course, as used ingredient)
mvgulik

Re: No "Made from ... " for (mixed)Milk ?

Postby BoxingRock » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:06 pm

does the quantities in the mix actually effect the FEP outcome?
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:17 pm

I'm actually don't know if you can mix milks in the "churn butter" -stage. As in, are you allowed to execute "churn butter" while having half a liter of type A milk in one bucket and half a liter of type B milk. If you mix them beforehand, you end up with "mixed" milk that won't be listed in final product at all.

In certain other foods (such as ones that need 2 pieces of any meat) the percentages absolutely do work and have an impact.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:16 am

vatas wrote:I'm actually don't know if you can mix milks in the "churn butter" -stage. As in, are you allowed to execute "churn butter" while having half a liter of type A milk in one bucket and half a liter of type B milk.

Never tried that ... Yes you can.

vatas wrote:If you mix them beforehand, you end up with "mixed" milk that won't be listed in final product at all.

Correct.
mvgulik

Postby Mashadar » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Mixed milk (and flour) doesn't count as a variable ingredient at all, so that is why it isn't listed.
If you make butter-steamed cavebulbs with mixed wilk, it will simply have its unmodified base stats.
Since all types of milk reduce PSY+2, that's actually useful in this particular case.

Right now it's possible to make foods with typeless ingredients by mixing them beforehand or you can make products with real mixed milk and flour by mixing them at the crafting stage. Since variable ingredients have an additive component that is applied regardless of the percentage, both can be useful.

I don't know if it was intended - it might be just that containers can't remember multiple types of fluid and that is why it ends up as typeless, but it gives cooks some additional options.
Mashadar

Postby mvgulik » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Hm, makes sense. Had not looked at it that way.
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:49 pm

mvgulik wrote:Never tried that ... Yes you can.

Since you can do that, if you mix geenric butter with other 50/50, does it show 50% Butter 50% Whatever or just 50% Whatever?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby mvgulik » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:37 am

Apocoreo wrote:if you mix geenric butter with other 50/50, does it show 50% Butter 50% Whatever or just 50% Whatever?

The mixed-ingredient is (also) not reported in such a case.
(missing 30% is the mixed/generic-milk part)
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:34 am

Imo seems like an issue for differing between the use of generic butter or rendered fat, an issue that will get worse is your allow oil to work that was too (I've baked with olive and vegetable oil). Even if there is no difference it prompts players to determine if there is, so will cause more threads like this if left untouched.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Massa » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:55 am

I'd like it to stay this way to not have to deal with bullshit unwanted FEPs that completely fucking ruin the food you're making. Especially in the case of bulbs.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas