Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mushroom Circle

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Do you mean to tell me that there is no way to rename animals directly via the cattle roster?
ThorleifCleaver

Postby kirion » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Getting this error with the default client, upon entering the world :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Delayed error in resource lib/uspr (v16), from forking source backed by HTTP res source (https://game.havenandhearth.com/res/)
at haven.Resource$Pool$Queued.get(Resource.java:414)
at haven.Resource$Pool$Queued.get(Resource.java:382)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry$1.run(Resource.java:1290)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry$1.run(Resource.java:1284)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry.loader(Resource.java:1284)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry$1.run(Resource.java:1290)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry$1.run(Resource.java:1284)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry.loader(Resource.java:1284)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry.getentry(Resource.java:1326)
at haven.Resource$CodeEntry.get(Resource.java:1358)
at haven.Resource.getcode(Resource.java:1207)
at haven.Sprite.create(Sprite.java:136)
at haven.ResDrawable.<init>(ResDrawable.java:42)
at haven.OCache.cres(OCache.java:233)
at haven.OCache.lambda$cres$4(OCache.java:245)
at haven.OCache$GobInfo.apply(OCache.java:732)
at haven.Loader.lambda$defer$0(Loader.java:235)
at haven.Loader$Future.run(Loader.java:71)
at haven.Loader$Future.access$400(Loader.java:42)
at haven.Loader.loop(Loader.java:197)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource lib/uspr(v16), from forking source backed by HTTP res source (https://game.havenandhearth.com/res/)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:475)
at haven.Resource$Pool.access$1200(Resource.java:359)
at haven.Resource$Pool$Loader.run(Resource.java:611)
... 1 more
Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource lib/uspr(v16), from cache source backed by HashDirCache(http://game.havenandhearth.com/render/)
... 4 more
Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource lib/uspr(v16), from local res source (res-preload)
... 4 more
Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource lib/uspr(v16), from local res source (res)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not find resource locally: /res/lib/uspr.res
at haven.Resource$JarSource.get(Resource.java:268)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:459)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not find resource locally: /res-preload/lib/uspr.res
at haven.Resource$JarSource.get(Resource.java:268)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:459)
... 3 more
Caused by: haven.Message$EOF: Required 16 bytes, got only 0
at haven.Message.rensure(Message.java:91)
at haven.Message.bytes(Message.java:163)
at haven.Resource.load(Resource.java:1529)
at haven.Resource.access$700(Resource.java:40)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:463)
... 3 more
Caused by: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://game.havenandhearth.com/res/lib/uspr.res
at haven.StreamMessage.underflow(StreamMessage.java:71)
at haven.Message.rensure(Message.java:90)
at haven.Message.bytes(Message.java:163)
at haven.Resource.load(Resource.java:1529)
at haven.Resource.access$700(Resource.java:40)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:463)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://game.havenandhearth.com/res/lib/uspr.res
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1920)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1520)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:250)
at haven.Resource$HttpSource$1.create(Resource.java:321)
at haven.RetryingInputStream.create(RetryingInputStream.java:44)
at haven.RetryingInputStream.get(RetryingInputStream.java:67)
at haven.RetryingInputStream.read(RetryingInputStream.java:102)
at haven.StreamTee.read(StreamTee.java:87)
at haven.StreamMessage.underflow(StreamMessage.java:68)
... 8 more
kirion

Postby loftar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm

kirion wrote:resource lib/uspr

It sounds like you've managed to get resources from the pre-rendering client into your resource cache somehow. I'm really not sure how that would happen, perhaps a side-effect of some custom client? Not sure what the cause would be, but if you remove your cache directory, that should solve the problem. Just remember to export your map before doing that. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby stickman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:46 pm

So im glad you sound like you guys are willing to read the suggestions. I think before you reset the world you should try to make the default client as good as possible:

1. free-floating scaleable minimap you can drag around. i think most people keep it top right?
2. i think quality should be on by default and have a semi transparent black background behind it. I know you can enable it but i litterally cannot see it... a white chicken egg with a semi transparent white overlay for its hatching with an white-light blue quality number ontop... u cannot see that. also remember your playerbase is getting old. We have people pushing 70 in our group. some clients show a %, some show a progress bar. some make the quality text with a black outline
3. a big one for me is all clients have multiple Alteranate way of sorting, quick sorting, grabbing all items of a similar type using the shift, alt, cntrl keys in conjuction with the left and mouse clicks. Whenever im forced to use default and have to do daily chores (which is mostly moving crap around) it takes me 2-3 times longer. This game is so demanding that because i dont bot.. i have to manually check my cheese and sort my chickens 2x a day or else they overfill so if sorting/moving crap takes longer it cuts into my time before I have to leave/start work in the morning that I have to do things.
4. the camera... the default locking to 4 perspectives its REALLY annoying... there is a command to change it to free dragging one but I have to do it each time and honestly I cannot remember what it is. IMO it should be the one that allows you to hold the middle mouse button and drag however much you want by default... the 4 perspectives is a terrible one to have as default IMO. or you know... put it on a menu somewhere, i couldn't find a non-command line way of doing this.
5. your quest text just goes right overtop of the minimap, chat area and 1-9 keys. looks real bad
6. the little X button on all your windows is way too tiny
7. Equipment screen summary
8. your going to hate this... the ability to hide stuff like trees. its going to probably kill you guys to add something like this but its required for default clients to compete against custom ones in combat...
9. easier way to select your opponent and change opponents... i haven't fought anyone in awhile so im not sure if you have mad improvements in this area already.
10. custom clients have thins like auto pluck, auto butcher on right click that can be enabled as well. that is super helpful when managing tons of chicken coops

The other issue is getting the default client to launch in the first place is not easy either (especially for computer illiterate people). For me, using chrome... first it gives me a warning saying your download is unsafe... then it wants to download autohaven.jar.... then nothing happens... you have to select open/run or you have to find it in your downloads folder. if you take too long it fails.... if you try to open a second window up you get errors like this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file
at haven.launcher.Driver.execute(Driver.java:72)
at haven.launcher.Driver.run(Driver.java:89)
at haven.launcher.Driver.main(Driver.java:147)
Caused by: haven.launcher.Cache$FileReplaceException: could not replace out-of-date file with newly downloaded file
at haven.launcher.Cache.update0(Cache.java:263)
at haven.launcher.Cache.update(Cache.java:277)
at haven.launcher.Resource.update(Resource.java:64)
at haven.launcher.Driver.execute(Driver.java:47)

All the other clients have a single run.bat file you keep somewhere... it auto updates for you, downloads the updates for you and your good.
Last edited by stickman on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
stickman

Postby Ciego » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 pm

I think Stickman just gave an excellent summary, of what those of us who used Amber, have lost.

I go to the H&H home page, and click to the "play" button to get the default client. It hasn't been that much of a problem.

To all you youngsters "pushing 70", I'll be waiting for you on the other side...
Ciego

Postby Reyajh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:32 pm

stickman wrote:...I think before you reset the world you should try to make the default client as good as possible:

...also remember your playerbase is getting old. We have people pushing 70 in our group.
The other issue is getting the default client to launch in the first place...

All the other clients have a single run.bat file you keep somewhere... it auto updates for you, downloads the updates for you and your good. Trying to explain your launcher problems over the phone to someone not so good with computers so they can get his tree off the table before it dies is something i have to do everytime you guys do an update and break the client.

I agree with most everything you posted there. I'm 56 here, my roommate is 60. For a self taught non highschool graduate I consider myself to be rather computer savvy. I've barely been able to help my roommate with his problems on multiple occasions but I have several friends who wanted, and still want to play the game but, whenever they try to launch the default they have issues and refuse to be bothered. To them it either just doesn't work or they feel it is unsafe.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby abt79 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:08 pm

In case it hasn't been made abundantly clear the default client needs better target-switching option(s)

Something as simple as a button next to an enemy's portrait to select them, or a dedicated key to cycle through combatants would be miles better than the awful, clunky attack button and manual clicking on a moving target/a portrait that's halfway down the screen. I'm sure someone with a bigger brain than I has a better fix in mind but it's absolutely laughable that in a pve-heavy and arguably pvp-centric game something as simple as multi-opponent combat functions so awfully on the official client.
abt79

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:20 pm

1. free-floating scaleable minimap you can drag around. i think most people keep it top right?

Already exists. Have you tried the default client recently?
3. a big one for me is all clients have multiple Alteranate way of sorting, quick sorting, grabbing all items of a similar type using the shift, alt, cntrl keys in conjuction with the left and mouse clicks. Whenever im forced to use default and have to do daily chores (which is mostly moving crap around) it takes me 2-3 times longer. This game is so demanding that because i dont bot.. i have to manually check my cheese and sort my chickens 2x a day or else they overfill so if sorting/moving crap takes longer it cuts into my time before I have to leave/start work in the morning that I have to do things.

I think this too exists in the default client already?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby kirion » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 pm

loftar wrote:
kirion wrote:resource lib/uspr

It sounds like you've managed to get resources from the pre-rendering client into your resource cache somehow. I'm really not sure how that would happen, perhaps a side-effect of some custom client? Not sure what the cause would be, but if you remove your cache directory, that should solve the problem. Just remember to export your map before doing that. :)

That was it, working like a charm now. Thanks :)
kirion

Postby reilen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 pm

seems something wrong with churn quality after this update. because with 298 block\bough and 339 board i build 234 churn
Attachments
wtf.jpg
wtf.jpg (40.3 KiB) Viewed 552 times
reilen

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements