Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Global Chat/ No realm chat bans

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:27 pm

Chat is chat... I'd like to have a global chat, too. Yes, there'd be the people who lack any measure of courtesy for others. We have to deal with them every day in our lives. We need better tools than policing what people might say and leaving banning accounts from using a service as the only option for dealing with a matter. If you start kicking people out, it's not really a global chat anymore, just a "people we can tolerate" chat with a line drawn somewhere arbitrarily.

I don't want to derail the conversation and turn it into my personal rant on Discord, so I won't. I'll just leave it at what I've said already.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Futureismine » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:42 am

Are the forums here and a potential Global Chat in-game significantly different, in that, couldn't any methods we may employ here be used in an in-game chat? Are we using some resource to keep the forums functional that couldn't be used for an in-game Global Chat?
Futureismine

Postby meus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:48 am

The difference is - in the forums each topic is pretty much a chat on its own, where you choose to participate or not.
meus

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas