buckets of water in inventory

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: buckets of water in inventory

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:33 pm

make sips of fluid be 0.01l
change waterskin to hold 10l of water
allow only 1 waterskin to be carried in belt or inv
^ or something along those lines 20 waterskins with 3l and 0.05 sips are 1200 sips, my suggestion would allow the little hermit who gets ganked to run around and maybe outlast the pvp guy because maybe he used 1-2l water already to run around before.

also reduce energy drain of drinking water and mayyybeee add diminishing returns on how effective fluids are to restore stamina in a period of an ingame day. works also against botters but depends a lot on numbers, for example after 6-7l you have to drink a lot more to restore the same amount of stamina and thus it would also increase the energy drain and tbh I have never seen someone drink more than 5l in a day irl and in this game we go through tons of waterskins in a day for no reason xd
so that would be 600 sips of effective water every 8 hours real time, I think it's rather difficult to consistently go through that amount of water within 8h. maybe make it 10l of effective water in an ingame day, I have no idea about the numbers it's not my job to figure out the balance and the diminishing returns bs is also not the main point of my idea.
Pommfritz

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:38 pm

Pommfritz wrote: my suggestion would allow the little hermit who gets ganked to run around and maybe outlast the pvp guy because

Lemme just stop you right there. That ain't happening even if that hermit had 5 extra belts of water.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:45 pm

I mean idk who you gank but usually i'm within a few minutes of my base. if I would get ganked on another continent with no way to connect to my base by foot because i probably went there by thingwall then yea, it doesn't matter how much water you carry or where you run lol.

being 20mins within my base doesn't mean I survive the gank especially not vs people with 10x my stats but that's also not my problem to balance if it should be balanced. at least with 1000 sips of water in my inventory I'd be able to run for a long time if I find a way to create some distance. and I think that was the point of op?
Pommfritz

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:47 pm

Pommfritz wrote:doesn't mean I survive the gank especially not vs people with 10x my stats

Stats don't matter either. Half your stats even.

You think you can run for TWENTY minutes? :D
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:59 pm

I don't get your point, if you have enough water you drink and run to your base, get into the airlock, hearth inside, gg. I don't see how I would spend more than 15l of water right now especially if we run on speed 3 through forest terrain. and once I have distance it's just a matter of drinking before you run on speed 2 and missclicks/ getting stuck because you can't see cliffs in this game lol

but if there is another mechanic involed please let me know I'm not the most experience player

also I think stats matter if I have 400 ua with gear and the other guy has 1k+? and deals big hits with 5k str xd I'd basically have to instantly run when he comes into my range and not missclick which is probably the mostlikely cause to die in this scenario.
Pommfritz

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:26 pm

You guys are over-complicating this for no reason.
Having to fill your entire inventory belt with PVP supplies is bad & unfun.
Filling your entire inventory and belt with PVP supplies and still not always having enough is bad & unfun.
99% of the player-base not having the supplies they need to maybe win/escape on them when they're attacked is bad & unfun.

There doesn't need to be some clever gimmick. There shouldn't need to be more than a paragraph explaining the most fundamental mechanics in the game. Just change some numbers around and maybe let buckets be in inventories for the material poor days
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:36 pm

with this logic you could just remove the energy bar. I think there is not a single mechanic that is fun because of the energy bar?
Pommfritz

Postby Massa » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:02 am

Pommfritz wrote:with this logic you could just remove the energy bar. I think there is not a single mechanic that is fun because of the energy bar?

stellar idea
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Archiplex » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:16 am

Personally, I don't really care if pvp is extremely annoying to deal with if the state of dealing with pvpers and the power imbalances of old and new players remain at such an alltime high. Sure, you make it far more tedious to deal with for big factions to pvp, but you simultaneously discourage dealing with random hobos and sprucies.

Take the entire change in the absolute opposite direction: Remove any filled containers from being able to be put into belts at all, and make satiations apply to energy. ;)
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby telum12 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:48 am

Archiplex wrote:Personally, I don't really care if pvp is extremely annoying to deal with if the state of dealing with pvpers and the power imbalances of old and new players remain at such an alltime high. Sure, you make it far more tedious to deal with for big factions to pvp, but you simultaneously discourage dealing with random hobos and sprucies.

Take the entire change in the absolute opposite direction: Remove any filled containers from being able to be put into belts at all, and make satiations apply to energy. ;)

How would that discourage dealing with spruces? You just kill them. If they barely have any water because of your suggested change and my inventory is full of it, how have you fixed anything? You've just shifted the problem with inventory space into an even shittier place, and punished literally every player in the game.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas