Bonds/Claims in Character Sheet

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Separate slots for Bonds in Character Sheet

Postby shubla » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 pm

Whole idea of bonds is stupid.
What are they even used for? To take space from your study and to make noobs quit even harder after their claim ownership transfers?

Bonds should be removed entirely and replaced with on-demand bond, only function which would be to transfer ownership of claim but you'd not need to have it on your study all the time. It could also vanish after being studied so that nobs wouldn't accidentally carry it around with them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:42 pm

There's chance that this is all my own imagination, but I'm thinking there might already be a limit of four bonds maximum in the study window?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Southpaw » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:47 am

Nightdawg wrote:Y'all need to quote like normal humans

im going to write at mvgulik in binary next to see what he responds to best, im doing research.
vatas wrote:There's chance that this is all my own imagination, but I'm thinking there might already be a limit of four bonds maximum in the study window?

ur wrong
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby mvgulik » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:06 am

Southpaw wrote:im going to write at mvgulik in binary next to see what he responds to best.

In that case I suggest you might like to avoid getting on my ignore list. Unless, of course, that's your real target.

Southpaw wrote:I'm doing research.
vatas wrote:...

ur wrong

I guess that's your best "I'm a researcher" wordy answer.

Imaging if all researchers would just limit there responses to "Ur wrong, Ur right, U suck". Things would go so much faster.
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 am

mvgulik wrote:
Imaging if all researchers would just limit there responses to "Ur wrong, Ur right, U suck". Things would go so much faster.

Ur wrong.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Southpaw » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 am

mvgulik wrote:
Southpaw wrote:I'm doing research.
vatas wrote:...

ur wrong

I guess that's your best "I'm a researcher" wordy answer.

100% accurate in most cases
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby pawnchito » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 pm

vatas wrote:There's chance that this is all my own imagination, but I'm thinking there might already be a limit of four bonds maximum in the study window?

Nah dude i have a claim alt that runs more than 4 for sure. Im pretty sure its not even limited to space in study window.
pawnchito

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:45 pm

vatas wrote:there would be four slots

I would like to suggest some more, otherwise someone who needs to make many claims would make a bunch of alts instead of just one alt to see all claims with one log in, which is more elegant and comfortable

not only this, but you would also have to get more crappy curiosities for them
MadNomad

Postby vatas » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:40 pm

Forget some separate slots below the Study Report, now I want an entire seventh tab in the Character Sheet!

*It should list all your claims and some statistics, including their locations (assuming you have explored map from your current location to claim location I guess.)

*I still think new slots should be bought with LP, but I'm now leaning to every slot simply having the static 4000 LP cost to remove as much incentive as possibly to just offload claims to alts.

*Bonds of Blood & Soil will only come into existence when you specifically choose to create one for purposes of transferring the claim. (Ganker being able to loot the bond with game giving zero alert about it is a MASSIVE newb trap.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas