Game Development: Mulch Embankment

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mulch Embankment

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:30 am

Lots of people (admittedly including myself on bad days) are critical in unconstructive ways, but the inverse is just as bad.

Fairytale and I have both played in some capacity for a decade+, and are autistic faction members. Dakkan has made multiple months/years long terraforming projects. None of us even knowing key mechanics related to this update exist seems like very useful feedback.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:46 am

wonder-ass wrote:Dont care about sweeping changes just give me a wipe im bored.

This is where i am at.

If for no other reason than to reset so we all get the hype and build up of a new world, Jorbtar should still reset.

We can barely even break 100 Hearthlings online anymore and its been that way for months because we have been left with nothing but the grind for almost a year. It's been a year and 3 months since last reset. That is too long. Even if nothing changes a reset is for the best.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Anaxyx » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:07 am

The_Lich_King wrote:

This is where i am at.

If for no other reason than to reset so we all get the hype and build up of a new world, Jorbtar should still reset.

We can barely even break 100 Hearthlings online anymore and its been that way for months because we have been left with nothing but the grind for almost a year. It's been a year and 3 months since last reset. That is too long. Even if nothing changes a reset is for the best.

I agree. At this point a wipe would bring back a heap of people who are waiting for it as well as those people likely bringing plenty of friends, ultimately reviving the playerbase. Worst case is that their "big" development is ready a few months into said new world at which point they could either let that world play out for awhile and polish the new content/work on something like a more comprehensive guide for things like key commands that are still cryptic and unknown to decade long players OR they could just be like "Hey gonna reset again and add this cool new shit, have fun twats!" which I feel like most of us would be more than game for.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way, playbase super low and so many just waiting for a new world, myself included.
Anaxyx

Postby WowGain » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:06 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:lotsa bitching in this thread from people who haven't developed a single thing in their entire lives

W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:50 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:lotsa bitching in this thread from people who haven't developed a single thing in their entire lives

"You need to be able to do X yourself to critique X" is pretty much an argumentative fallacy. Bit of an extreme example, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to critique a rocket for exploding right after take-off.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Massa » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:30 pm

i love when salty developers air their salt but don't actually name themselves, lashing out quietly from their git repositories at the normies that pay their salaries

isn't it amazing how a studio can create a full AAA game in like a year but they take 6 months of full studio dev time to drop 2 cool skins
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Massa » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:33 pm

saem

idgaf about massive updates. oco and tree combersahnshon can take another 3 years. just wipe it let's go the boys are jonesing.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Noticed I was able to dig away a cliff in way I don't really remember being able to do so before.

Was this particular cliff just positioned the right way to reach the digging point in the middle of the tile, or is this result of (undocumented) changes in this patch?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Anaxyx » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:48 pm

vatas wrote:Noticed I was able to dig away a cliff in way I don't really remember being able to do so before.

Was this particular cliff just positioned the right way to reach the digging point in the middle of the tile, or is this result of (undocumented) changes in this patch?

I had noticed in my time playing that there were so many crazy interactions with digging and cliffs. Sometimes you can dig it down and sometimes you can. Knowing some of the keyboard shortcuts helps but it sure would be nice if a comprehensive list of all of these commands were amassed by someone, probably the devduo.
Anaxyx

Postby SinJin » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:04 pm

:?:
Is this update any better than say ; Fill inventory with Soil , climb cliff , drop Soil while climbing cliff. Then wait a few minutes for Soil to backfill the cliff .
SinJin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements