Prelude: World 14

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 14

Postby MightySheep » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:55 am

Procne wrote:
Massa wrote:
Tammer wrote:Two weeks between announcing and launching the new world seems too long to me, unless there's something really cool happening at the end of the world.

Speaking of which, could we get some cool stuff for the last few days? A plague of chasm conchs, or a hail of meteorites, or something?

People need a warning with games like this that ask them for months. Some people put major life changes on hold.

Yeah, if I knew about this 2 months ago then I might have been able to shift my vacation plans. But now I can't, and no new world for me :(

Could be worse you could be Raffeh, he has missed last 3 worlds because its always when he goes on holiday

He booked a trip to Italy for 2 weeks starting this Saturday and someone joked hes going on holiday this must mean new haven world and then the new world was announced :P
MightySheep

Postby Procne » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:32 am

yeah, feels like jorb and loftar secretly hate the game and secretly sabotage it by resetting at the worst possible time
Procne

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:48 am

Procne wrote:yeah, feels like jorb and loftar secretly hate the game and secretly sabotage it by resetting at the worst possible time

Are you high? This world was absurdly long, nearly every post was begging for world reset WE WERE DOWN TO 40 PLAYERS ONLINE!!!

You wanted them to wait even fricking longer?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Frantianno228 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:56 am

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow
My discord -> Frantianno#0620
My youtube channel ->
Frantianno228

Postby Procne » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:51 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
Procne wrote:yeah, feels like jorb and loftar secretly hate the game and secretly sabotage it by resetting at the worst possible time

Are you high? This world was absurdly long, nearly every post was begging for world reset WE WERE DOWN TO 40 PLAYERS ONLINE!!!

No, I wanted them to do it anytime between october last year and march this year.

Autumn / winter are the best times to immerse in a new haven world. With it being cold and dark outside, and not much else to do than play games
Procne

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:32 pm

Procne wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:

No, I wanted them to do it anytime between october last year and march this year.

Autumn / winter are the best times to immerse in a new haven world. With it being cold and dark outside, and not much else to do than play games

you don't deserve to play during autumn and winter when you can't play during holidays. If sun and holidays are more important for you than haven then it's not place for you, spruce.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Procne » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 pm

noindyfikator wrote:you don't deserve to play during autumn and winter when you can't play during holidays. If sun and holidays are more important for you than haven then it's not place for you, spruce.

Please be gentle senpai :(
Procne

Postby Anaxyx » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:47 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
you don't deserve to play during autumn and winter when you can't play during holidays. If sun and holidays are more important for you than haven then it's not place for you, spruce.

Elitist much?

From a player-base point of view, objectively summer months are the worst months for them to have chosen to start a new world. A non-negligible amount of players simply don't have the free time to play the way that they'd like to, if at all. Myself among them. Not everyone can be basement dwelling sweat-lords with no responsibilities. Winter months are objectively a better time for a world reset, regardless if we're down to 40 players and every post is whining for a reset. From a business point of view, starting fresh now is seemingly only to appease us and not because they necessarily wanted to reset the world. There's nothing noteworthy being changed to introduce the new world, as there usually is. Sure, it is an assumption on my part but I feel pretty safe assuming this reset is appeasement.
Anaxyx

Postby VDZ » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:08 pm

Anaxyx wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:

Elitist much?

I'm fairly sure Noindyfikator was making a joke about the amount of dedication Haven requires when you want to play it seriously.

Anaxyx wrote:From a player-base point of view, objectively summer months are the worst months for them to have chosen to start a new world. A non-negligible amount of players simply don't have the free time to play the way that they'd like to, if at all. Myself among them.

At the same time, a non-negligible number of players do have the time to play precisely during the summer months due to summer holidays. I personally started playing during a summer holiday when I was a student and I was able to absolutely nolife the game when I started because I had no obligations for several weeks straight.

Anaxyx wrote:There's nothing noteworthy being changed to introduce the new world, as there usually is. Sure, it is an assumption on my part but I feel pretty safe assuming this reset is appeasement.

Pure assumption. We won't know what actually got added until day 1 (sometimes later).
VDZ

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:27 pm

New world usually involves a fair few things that's aren't in the announcement, though I am getting a feeling that there's less of that this time, perhaps unjustifiably.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements