nvm

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

nvm

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:34 pm

loftar actually made it good

Nightdawg wrote:
loftar wrote:[*]The Drink action still uses the general autodrink mechanism that is invoked when out of stamina, but this mechanism has been augmented such that, if you have nothing drinkable bound to your hotbelt, it looks for anything drinkable that your character has. The intention is that if you don't care what you auto-drink or the order in which they are prioritized, just don't bind anything, and if you do, you can bind the things you want to drink.

thanks
Last edited by Nightdawg on Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Re: Is any client using Loftar's drink button(action)?

Postby boshaw » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:13 pm

Did you previously not bind your water so that it would auto drink while doing common actions like plowing, farming, cutting down shit, etc?
boshaw

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:59 pm

boshaw wrote:Did you previously not bind your water so that it would auto drink while doing common actions like plowing, farming, cutting down shit, etc?

Never in my life, on my fighter.

If I did, it was 2-3 waterskins, not all 25.
And most certainly not whenever I picked up a new waterskin.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:30 pm

I use it, just changed the keybind.

Prior to this updoot our drink keybind worked pretty much 1:1 the same as Loftar's, except it just clicked all the waterskin action buttons which was kinda bad for wdgmsgs/sec.

There's probably a better solution when you have server-side access(notably making it so you need less waterskins), but other than not being able to choose any keybind it seems "good enough".

I would point out this implementation is better than early Ard's/Amber/pasta/etc that did not use widget predict and required you keep your belt open. Like, demonstrably, drastically better.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:37 pm

vatas wrote:Apparently even the default client has multiple hotbars, it's just one of those hidden features:

ido wrote:The official game client has 10 (!) hotbars with 10 cells each to take care of this. You can switch between them with a combination Alt+1, Alt+2, ..., Alt+0.
The lack of the drink button for me was the reason for switching to a custom client - the inability to quickly drink, especially in battle. But now the problem with fast water drink is completely solved.

1. Press Alt+0 to switch to Hotbar#0.
2. Add to hotbar every waterskin you have.
3. Place your waterskin to the inventory or to the belt. It doesn't matter where the waterskin is located, the only requirement it should be on hotbar.
4. Press Alt+1 to switch to your main hotbar.
5. From this moment you can forget about Hotbar#0 and drink water from all your waterskins using only one button with the new feature "Drink" at the main hotbar.

Enjoy.

Special thanks to the developers for this feature.

Bit clunky but with a one minute of setup time, potentially only once if you never unequip the belt/waterskins, you will basically have the desired drink button now.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:43 pm

So are you putting all of your water containers on the action bars? Is there a fast way to do this?

Also can you keybind this action to an actual keybind? Like, without having to be inside the "Adventure" tab, or without putting it on an action bar?
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:52 pm

I mean just to clarify, I know I can modify the paginae/act/drink res file and pull the drink button out of the adventure menu.
But I still need to be in the main menu whenever I want to drink, and one stupid mistake can get me knocked out.

Is this the only option? xD
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:11 pm

You'll figure it out
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:21 pm

Use your client's waterskin keybinding bot.
DDDsDD999

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:11 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Use your client's waterskin keybinding bot.

This is the one sub-forum we don't shitpost in, ziggy.
Nightdawg

Return to The Wizards' Tower