Please Ask Simple Questions Here

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Please Ask Simple Questions Here

Postby fanit937 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:24 am

Granny wrote:In repairing a battering ram, how much glue do I need to repair it? Do I need to use the same amount as I used when I build the thing, or is one glue enough? Old inner palisade walls on my claim that needs to go.

6 bone glues. You will also need to wait 8 hours for it to be usable again.
People are capable of kindness angels can only dream of, yet can commit sins that put demons to shame.
fanit937

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am

Phaen wrote:Teck, the bolded part is incorrect. If more than one stat softcaps a product, the stats combine with a geometric mean, not an arithmetic mean.

In the case of sausages, softcap = sqrt(cooking*perception)

Although meat grinders are worth mentioning and they do affect the quality of sausages, they are not directly related to Zachary09's softcap question. The cooking & perception softcap is applied separately after the meat grinder quality is taken into account. Meat grinders aren't considered a softcap because they are capable of raising or lowering the final product while softcaps by definition only lower quality.

I apologize for the error in math.
TeckXKnight

Postby Zachary09 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 am

What is the quality formula for boiling river pearl mussels? I have experimented with different kinds of water - Q55 water yielded Q22 boiled mussels from Q10 unboiled, Q31 water yielded Q17 boiled river pearl mussels from Q10 unboiled. I also experienced Q10 mussels being Q11 boiled river pearl mussels when i had 30+ cooking. So - what is the formula for mussels?
Zachary09

Postby krikke93 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:34 am

Zachary09 wrote:What is the quality formula for boiling river pearl mussels? I have experimented with different kinds of water - Q55 water yielded Q22 boiled mussels from Q10 unboiled, Q31 water yielded Q17 boiled river pearl mussels from Q10 unboiled. I also experienced Q10 mussels being Q11 boiled river pearl mussels when i had 30+ cooking. So - what is the formula for mussels?

I think the cauldron matters here too, as my q10 mussels become q26 boiled with q40 water.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Strandmullen » Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 am

While we're discussing mussels, what do you usually do with all your boiled ones?
I've got too many of them and don't really want to eat them since they get my dexterity up too much.
Strandmullen

Postby fanit937 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:58 am

Strandmullen wrote:While we're discussing mussels, what do you usually do with all your boiled ones?
I've got too many of them and don't really want to eat them since they get my dexterity up too much.

Lower the FEP requirement.
People are capable of kindness angels can only dream of, yet can commit sins that put demons to shame.
fanit937

Postby Arcanist » Sun May 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Zachary09 wrote:What is the quality formula for boiling river pearl mussels? I have experimented with different kinds of water - Q55 water yielded Q22 boiled mussels from Q10 unboiled, Q31 water yielded Q17 boiled river pearl mussels from Q10 unboiled. I also experienced Q10 mussels being Q11 boiled river pearl mussels when i had 30+ cooking. So - what is the formula for mussels?

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cauldron

The resulting item quality is influenced by the quality of the water and the mussel, and is softcapped by cooking and hardcapped by the cauldron's quality. Firewood does not play a role in the quality formula.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Boiled_River_Pearl_Mussel

one of these is wrong...

EDIT: I think it might be both

I get 27q mussles, with 70q water and I KNOW my cauldron is neither 27q nor 18q
Arcanist

Postby LadyV » Sun May 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Arcanist wrote:

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cauldron

The resulting item quality is influenced by the quality of the water and the mussel, and is softcapped by cooking and hardcapped by the cauldron's quality. Firewood does not play a role in the quality formula.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Boiled_River_Pearl_Mussel

one of these is wrong...

EDIT: I think it might be both

I get 27q mussles, with 70q water and I KNOW my cauldron is neither 27q nor 18q

Alright I'm not up for another back and forth over formulas but I can say cooking will softcap it and the cauldron will hardcap it.

If the formula holds up still, according to RoB Wiki, then you should use this. 3Qitem + Qtool / 4

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Quality
LadyV

Postby borka » Sun May 05, 2013 3:24 pm

using the formula ((cauldron+water/2) + mussel)/2 i'm getting a result on par with boiled mussels q (rounded)

no hard or softcap on my side ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun May 05, 2013 4:24 pm

To my knowledge there is no hardcap on boiled mussels. While everything contributes to the quality formula, nothing hardcaps the quality.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?