Toxic players

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Toxic players

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm

If you're constantly getting griefed, move away from the area. Once your palisade gets soaked (like 48 hours, or maybe 24 hours from building it, AFAIK) they can't destroy it anymore without siege equipment, at which point nobody will even try.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
User avatar
NOOBY93
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Toxic players

Postby saltyfish » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:00 am

Demon-seed62 wrote:That's all fine and good, but they have already taken everything of any value and now are simply trolling me.


As a new player - you have no chance to succeed in H&H, and you will not get better (as many established players proudly preaching...) if you in that neighborhood you have described. You have to forget those silly trolls, move and find nice ppl, or you will loose interest in this game as many did.

One of the reasons why this game is failing in the number of players, there is no ladder for a new player to become competitive in H&H in a given H&H world, because: part of ppl want to build/trade and dont give a shit about pvp, while others - the point is to kill some; some of ppl are new and have no idea about the game mechanics (which is constantly changing), while others are veterans playing for 3-8 years. Troll should be the responsibility of factions/realms, but they are also not very active anymore. So ... :)
saltyfish
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Toxic players

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:33 am

When the rules of the world is left to the players and you find those that use their strength on you for no reason, it is best to be away from there as possible. Consider moving to another location or make a new character so you can spawn somewhere else.
Image
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
User avatar
Patchouli_Knowledge
 
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:57 am

Re: Toxic players

Postby Glorthan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:25 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:If you're constantly getting griefed, move away from the area. Once your palisade gets soaked (like 48 hours, or maybe 24 hours from building it, AFAIK) they can't destroy it anymore without siege equipment, at which point nobody will even try.

[provided it is claimed]
kilakan: once I'm done putting belts on everything like some autistic anime character so I can be a better fighter
Glorthan
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: Toxic players

Postby dafels » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 pm

:D
PvP is toxic

I want to be dafels
User avatar
dafels
 
Posts: 2319
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Toxic players

Postby Gigglepuddy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm

saltyfish wrote:
Demon-seed62 wrote:That's all fine and good, but they have already taken everything of any value and now are simply trolling me.


As a new player - you have no chance to succeed in H&H, and you will not get better (as many established players proudly preaching...) if you in that neighborhood you have described. You have to forget those silly trolls, move and find nice ppl, or you will loose interest in this game as many did.

One of the reasons why this game is failing in the number of players, there is no ladder for a new player to become competitive in H&H in a given H&H world, because: part of ppl want to build/trade and dont give a shit about pvp, while others - the point is to kill some; some of ppl are new and have no idea about the game mechanics (which is constantly changing), while others are veterans playing for 3-8 years. Troll should be the responsibility of factions/realms, but they are also not very active anymore. So ... :)



oh please, i havent been fucked with by a single person, and nobody has made any attempt to break my shit. i made my claim like 3 days into playing directly where my hearthfire spawned, in a high traffic area directly on the water edge and right next to several world resources.i put up the stick walls for my claim and didnt bother upgrading to palisades for at least a month. dont be stupid and start building without a claim, because only a retard is going to go around getting nidbanes up his ass all day long over some noob.hell, i have mine set so whites can walk on the property without being charged a crime and they still avoid the red border when they walk by. every single person ive met has been friendly to one degree or another, even people i met out in the middle of a swamp and shit while i was walking and their riding a horse with a sword equiped.

the reason the game is failing, IF it is, is because theres just not enough interesting content for how old it is, and all the updates are stupid crap nobody cares about. OH THANKS FOR THE BEAVERS AND 2 SECOND SPEED BOOSTS. use common sense that you would in ANY game where you build a base. dont build until you have a plot claim, or someones gonna take your shit. because nobody turns down free shit.
Gigglepuddy
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Toxic players

Postby Sevenless » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 pm

There are some areas in the world where predators roam, I do agree though that the current defensive setup has made casual noob raiding much less common though.

As for "failing" we're maintaining a higher population than the previous 2 worlds for being 3+ months in. It's not failing, but it's also not growing quickly.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

A brief exposé on casting rod fishing
User avatar
Sevenless
 
Posts: 5717
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:55 am
Location: Canada

Re: Toxic players

Postby Granger » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Sevenless wrote:As for "failing" we're maintaining a higher population than the previous 2 worlds for being 3+ months in. It's not failing, but it's also not growing quickly.

I would like to question the metric used (concurrent online players) a bit: many players will likely scale down their daily playtime after nolifing through the base building phase as there is less pressure to get things done quickly now that they are somewhat secure within their camp...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
User avatar
Granger
 
Posts: 9253
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Toxic players

Postby Gigglepuddy » Wed May 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Granger wrote:
Sevenless wrote:As for "failing" we're maintaining a higher population than the previous 2 worlds for being 3+ months in. It's not failing, but it's also not growing quickly.

I would like to question the metric used (concurrent online players) a bit: many players will likely scale down their daily playtime after nolifing through the base building phase as there is less pressure to get things done quickly now that they are somewhat secure within their camp...

i hardly even logon now since all there is to do is improve the stuff i already have. i COULD go out and try being combative, but the recent update killed ANY chance of having fun doing that, and how much it takes to build any siege engine along with the time needed to use it, makes raiding completely unappealing unless doing so in a group. as a solo player, the game has pretty much become worthless to me in a few months. im honestly shocked at the lack of content that isnt just better version of previous things for the age of this game, on top of how heavily time gated every single thing is for absolutely no reason. it seems like its a game designed where unless you trull through the code and figure out how everything works and how to exploit it, youll never REALLY get ahead since the game makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to tell you anything.
Gigglepuddy
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Toxic players

Postby Aceb » Wed May 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Gigglepuddy wrote:
Granger wrote:
Sevenless wrote:As for "failing" we're maintaining a higher population than the previous 2 worlds for being 3+ months in. It's not failing, but it's also not growing quickly.

I would like to question the metric used (concurrent online players) a bit: many players will likely scale down their daily playtime after nolifing through the base building phase as there is less pressure to get things done quickly now that they are somewhat secure within their camp...

i hardly even logon now since all there is to do is improve the stuff i already have. i COULD go out and try being combative, but the recent update killed ANY chance of having fun doing that, and how much it takes to build any siege engine along with the time needed to use it, makes raiding completely unappealing unless doing so in a group. as a solo player, the game has pretty much become worthless to me in a few months. im honestly shocked at the lack of content that isnt just better version of previous things for the age of this game, on top of how heavily time gated every single thing is for absolutely no reason. it seems like its a game designed where unless you trull through the code and figure out how everything works and how to exploit it, youll never REALLY get ahead since the game makes absolutely no effort whatsoever to tell you anything.


In short: I'm solo nomad and game is boring because I'm not in a group.

Solo player takes MONTHs to get in a place where they have to care only about upgrading quality. Unless nolife aspect.

All the time I was going hermit and this is what I was mostly doing till W9, I wasn't getting bored as I had to watchout for raiders / killers, taking care of mining, carpentry, etc. myself with occasional trade. Exploring the world in search of good Q water / clay, mining, exploring unexplored cave's no one during whole W9 was in. Not that much interesting but there was always something else to do then just raise Q. If You build a base and no more peek your nose out of it or remain solo for eternity of your life or complain that You can't quickly solo raid big settlements someone spend weeks or months on just in couple of hours, well.

git gud.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Image
since granger is no mo(d)re, I'm back
User avatar
Aceb
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 pm
Location: #returned

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest