Can't steal a horse.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Can't steal a horse.

Postby Myrgard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:15 pm

ok, here's my problem

Found an abandoned base with an active claim in the mine (and a pali in the mine) and also a still alive horse in the same mine. I have all the criminal skills and no visitor debuf (can steal other items like ore).

I can't steal the bloody horse, I don't get any options from the flower menu when I right click on it, and i can't leash it using a rope. The only thing I can do is agro it (not doing much good since it's inside a claimed pali so I can't lead it onto unclaimed land). Can someone explain this?
Myrgard

Re: Can't steal a horse.

Postby iamahh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm

maybe the animal was marked with the iron thing
iamahh

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:41 pm

yes no an imals
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Thedrah » Tue May 02, 2017 12:30 am

might be that the animal is starving and thus doesn't allow riding? out of pony power and such

can you inspect it?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby jorb » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:30 am

Not sure. Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Biglulu » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:08 am

I just came across this situation. Could not steal a horse from claimed land, with theft learned and criminal acts toggled on. Is this intentional?
Biglulu

Postby vatas » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:53 pm

iamahh wrote:maybe the animal was marked with the iron thing

Without writing an essay about branding mechanics, that should still allow a criminal to ride the horse. Or this is actually the problem and Jorb somehow missed it.

Thedrah wrote:might be that the animal is starving and thus doesn't allow riding? out of pony power and such
can you inspect it?

No such mechanic exists AFAIK, other than starved animal maybe not recovering pony power.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Biglulu » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:42 am

The horses I tried to steal were not branded. I know this because I managed to get them off the claim and then ride them. After inspection, there was no brand.
Biglulu

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:47 am

kinda crazy to me people don't even know how restrictive the crime system in haven is
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Mogyui » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:46 pm

did you try to aggro the horse out of the claim to a non claimed place? you can drop aggro and then try again?
Mogyui

Next

Return to Bugs