Wounds - Seal Finger

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Wounds - Seal Finger

Postby Sarge » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 am

Now that we can't completely mitigate damage how do we avoid this?

I realise I can treat it but honestly the stacked penalties there for fighting 3 seals makes it so that I would rather not fight them at all. I think the scale has tipped too far now, certainly for noobs and if this was a newer world.

Nerf please? Decrease the penalty or make it much easier to heal, or both. Stinging poultice perhaps.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Re: Wounds - Seal Finger

Postby vatas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 am

Stinging poultice or something similar healing it over time sounds reasonable. Other indirect buff to healing it would be if salve (and possibly other treatments) would spill into other wounds of the same name if it heals more than the amount of wound it is applied to. hving to make entire salve for 3 damage wound isn't fun at all, let alone making two salves for 1 and 3 damage wounds.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby synaris » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am

change it where you can only get seal finger through butchering.

yeah with unavoidable damage, this is overpowered as hell.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah I agree .. I've stopped bothering too much with seals now but you also get it from walrus ... just having the salve to treat it is pretty tiresome.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aceb » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:18 am

I just bath in the swamp and use soap. It changes into infected sore there.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 am

Idk. Not sure all wounds should be possible to just wash away in the shower, and as Aceb says you can already kind of do that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sarge » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 am

jorb wrote:Idk. Not sure all wounds should be possible to just wash away in the shower, and as Aceb says you can already kind of do that.

That's fine and I agree but that's not the issue here. The issue is that the change in how armour works now mean that any noob is guaranteed to get seal finger when fighting the relevant kritters (which is far from end game) and contract seal finger which a)have severe stat penalties that are b)of the most difficult to treat. This is a balance issue.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:05 am

Fair enough. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Aceb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 pm

One way could be to give a seal finger a time window, where instead of getting new seal finger, it increases the current existing one. It's the most annoying thing when You get unlucky as a hermit while butchering water friends and You end up having 10x seal finger 1-3. To "rebalance" it maybe give it a fixed value how much stats decrease from it, depending on how big the seal finger wound gets?

Remember kids, only weak people bath in water. Join swamp people!
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Return to Critique & Ideas